Let's talk System Recovery Software

Rockrz

n00b
I've been using PowerQuest V2i Protector 2.0 Desktop Edition to create a back-up image so I can boot my PC into V2i Protector's recovery console so I can restore my entire system in minutes (IF I ever needed to do this sort of thing)

Since Norton has bought out PowerQuest, and I'm not able to get any support due to this product being dumped, I'm looking for a similar program.

I found a prog at http://www.acronis.com/homecomputing/products/trueimage/ but haven't had any feedback from anyone more knowledgeable than I that let's me know whether this is a good alternative, or not.

I would appreciate any leads on this prog, or any other program that would suit my needs. I run a small business that cannot afford any downtime and would like to be completely prepared to restore my system at any given time to it's original state.

Rockrz said:
I've been using PowerQuest V2i Protector 2.0 Desktop Edition to create a back-up image so I can boot my PC into V2i Protector's recovery console so I can restore my entire system in minutes (IF I ever needed to do this sort of thing)

Since Norton has bought out PowerQuest, and I'm not able to get any support due to this product being dumped, I'm looking for a similar program.

I found a prog at http://www.acronis.com/homecomputing/products/trueimage/ but haven't had any feedback from anyone more knowledgeable than I that let's me know whether this is a good alternative, or not.

I would appreciate any leads on this prog, or any other program that would suit my needs. I run a small business that cannot afford any downtime and would like to be completely prepared to restore my system at any given time to it's original state.

We just started playing with trueimage a few months ago in our Active Directory testing environment.
We use it to roll back our test lab (nt4 servers, 2k servers, 2k desktops, 2k3 servers) so we can test and re-test certain aspects of our Directory structure and how it will change / what roadbumps we'll encounter durring our deployment. So far it's imaged and re-imaged all of our server flawlessly.

Back