Lets see those Prodigy Builds!

Mines delayed... I am awaiting the mounting work to be done on the side panel... and lack of the EVGA ITX board :(

I would, but I don't have a camera!!!

HD 7970

RX120 + RX240 + MCP35X + XSPC Raystorm

It's a mess inside.

I may upload a few shots, but I have nothing fancy in there. I don't even have a video card yet! And I haven't gotten that 230mm Spectre Pro because no one seems to have the blue light available! I'm using it as a HTPC. So I'm not doing any crazy benchmarks. But as a HTPC, there are some concerns about the noise. I have a Intel 3570K on an ASRock Z77M-ITX.

I have an Intel RTS2011LC water-cooler and is using the one of the 120mm fans that came with the Prodigy. My PSU is Silverstone's 450W SFX Bronze; I didn't think that waiting for the modular Gold is time or cost effective. Upon turning the computer on, it is LOUD! The unbearable noise comes from the CPU cooler (obviously). Through ASRock's tuning utility, which launches at Windows startup, I am able to tune the cpu fan speed. I find that tuning the CPU fan speed down to Level 6 or below (default is 10) is acceptable. Level 5 is barely audible. Level 6 is just a little bit noisier. I left the case fan speed at default due to it being quiet from the get-go (and being drowned out by the cooler helped!) I don't have an accurate way of measuring decibels, so you're just have to take my opinion for it.

I've never measured the CPU temperature with the fan at Level 10 because I find the noise too unbearable. At Levels 5 and 6, the CPU temperature is 34 and 29 respectively idling overnight. The 5 degrees that separate them is strange. The case temperature is 36 and 32 (Levels 5 and 6 respectively). So my CPU cooler is doing a very good job. After ripping a BD , at Level 5, the temperature stayed at 34 and, at Level 6, it raised 2 degrees to to 31. Case temperature are also the same in both levels. So why didn't the CPU get hotter at Level 5 is odd.

Reviews suggests that at default fan speed, the temperature goes slightly under 30 at idle and 66 at load.

Why the weird variance in temperatures is more inductive about the cooler. But I like my noise to temperature ratio.

Bah! Had to change to a White model as there seems to be an issue with the black ones.

Ah well, I have something unique in mind.

Should have some later on tonight. I went into Micro Center for a new mouse and left with a BF Prodigy in white, an ASRock Z77E and a EVGA GTX 670 FTW. So much for being content with my current build.

Looking forward to it.

People pls use Imageshack.us for pics. It is free and does not have a bandwidth limit like Photobucket.

Running into a bit of trouble trying to cram everything in. Initial impression is that it is a bit disappointing overall. After years of nothing but Lian-Li and Silverstone cases the build quality just can't compare. The biggest oversight still has to be not making the PSU bay long enough. I've got some motherboard spacers and screws doing the job for now until I order a proper PSU extender bracket. If you are making a m-ITX case this big to begin with what is another inch in length to accommodate higher end modular PSUs? I guess for $74.99 I can't complain too much.

Running into a bit of trouble trying to cram everything in. Initial impression is that it is a bit disappointing overall. After years of nothing but Lian-Li and Silverstone cases the build quality just can't compare. The biggest oversight still has to be not making the PSU bay long enough. I've got some motherboard spacers and screws doing the job for now until I order a proper PSU extender bracket. If you are making a m-ITX case this big to begin with what is another inch in length to accommodate higher end modular PSUs? I guess for $74.99 I can't complain too much.

I don't understand this. How are they suppose to extend the PSU bay when it already nearly hits up right next to the HDD bay? How?
http://images.anandtech.com/doci/5867/Small (10 of 11).jpg

Either they drop the bay entirely or the drop the fan entire. Or they could make the case LARGER.....

I don't understand this. How are they suppose to extend the PSU bay when it already nearly hits up right next to the HDD bay? How?
http://images.anandtech.com/doci/5867/Small (10 of 11).jpg

Either they drop the bay entirely or the drop the fan entire. Or they could make the case LARGER.....

one of these.
pe01b02s.jpg

Yes? The Bitfenix guy here said that those will work. So? Use one if you want too. That still doesn't explain how Bitfenix is suppose to "fix" the case for longer PSUs. If you need to use a long one then get an extender.

Yes? The Bitfenix guy here said that those will work. So? Use one if you want too. That still doesn't explain how Bitfenix is suppose to "fix" the case for longer PSUs. If you need to use a long one then get an extender.

oh well you just linked a picture. did bitfenix say they were gonna lengthen the psu space? if so then yeah i dont see how they'd do that either other than taking out the bottom drive bays or lengthening the case.

The PSU bay IS long enough. Your AX series will fit fine...but a little snug. I have seen them in the prodigy before with no problem.

I was referring to physically making the case about an inch longer. Like I said at the size it already is what is another inch. There is no way that cramming an AX series or similar size is a real option. Maybe if you only used a couple of modular plugs but when using over half of them there is simply no way to comfortably make it fit. I do not consider cramming in the PSU until the molex connectors are at the point of breaking of the PSU a suitable solution. I will be ordering the bracket as pictured above to remedy this issue.

I still have some tidying up to do on the inside but I will say the wire management is probably the best out of any mITX case I have worked with.

There seems to be so much variance in how these AX PSUs actually fit... I'm not willing to add an extender bracket - half the reason I want the case is its on-desk aesthetics.

I'm hoping I can cram my 650 in there somehow like this guy. Looks like it will be bowed out a little :(.

-HD

Just returned this case to Micro Center and picked up a Fractal Design Define Mini mATX instead. Too many issues with this case for me and I guess I still need the space of mATX. Plus I feel terrible letting my ASUS Maximus IV Gene-Z sit around unused. Oh well, maybe when they come out with a new revision and tweak some things.

Just built a PC in one of these guys on Friday night. It's a great case. Plenty of room for my needs.
I didn't take any pics, but next time I open it up I'll snap a few to post here.

Here's what I had before I put the PSU and GPU in. Let's just say cable management is not one of my strong suits. I tinkered around with the four Spectre Pros in push/pull and the two Corsair fans that came with my H100 and ended up going back to the Corsair fans. They kept it about 4deg cooler.

Power supply is a Corsair CX600. Not too thrilled about how well it fits in there. I may look into one of those extender thingys. And the contrast of black case, white fans looked much better in my head than in practice...

prodigy2.jpg

That looks nice! I was thiinking about white Specter Pros for my White model. There is a HUGE sale on them right now at NCIX.

so the prodigy can support dual 120x on top?, in the market for a new SFF case and this is one option for me right now..

ya would love to see more builds, i just sold my beast and will have a base of $1100 to put into a miniITX build..

I was really tempted to go this route when I decided on my Arc Mini and m-atx. I chickened out and decided to take my compaction process in baby steps. That being said. I would like to see more of these builds so I can be unsatisfied with my m-atx build and be motivated to go itx next round.

i have a couple questions for you build there.

Why did you put the fan on the cooler that way?
What is that thing in the drive bay?

i have a couple questions for you build there.

Why did you put the fan on the cooler that way?
What is that thing in the drive bay?

i dont think that tower will fit the other way. the socket on these itx boards is often too close to the gpu slot for full towers to fit. and im pretty sure the thing in the drive bay is a fan controller with sliding knobs. fans are all set to low in those shots.

Back