Let's pick [H]

Sowexly

Gawd
If you were given he choice between the ZR30w or a 120Hz Catleap which would you take and why?
Assuming both were the same price (they're not)

ZR30w is extremely grainy due to the matte coating it uses, wide gamut=unnatural and over saturated colours for games and movies, and it has poor contrast.

Yamakasi all the way

Catleap. Simply because of price/performance.
Remember price isn't the issue here.

ZR30w is extremely grainy due to the matte coating it uses, wide gamut=unnatural and over saturated colours for games and movies, and it has poor contrast.
Yamakasi all the way
Thanks for the input NCX would you recommend against it vs a standard Catleap as well?

I'd pick a 120hz Catleap even if price weren't an issue.

Can the ZR30w do 100hz? No? Yamakasi wins!

Thanks for the input NCX would you recommend against it vs a standard Catleap as well?

Yes. There might be new 30" displays coming out in December, so if you really want the extra pixels you might want to wait.

If you were given he choice between the ZR30w or a 120Hz Catleap which would you take and why?
Assuming both were the same price (they're not)

Can I get a link to the Catleap monitor? I'm under a rock, never heard of it. :(

Where do you buy them at?

Thanks

Catleap all the way. Even though I own an Auria (Same panel) and never owned a Z-30, it's no contest. Having owned a dell 2209 with "minimal" ag.... looks like dog piss next to pristine snow white... and every other color. For me.... the choice is clear.

The Dell 2209WA has the strongest kind of AG coating.

120hz Catleaps are available from 120hz.net

If you offered me both for free, I'd most likely take the HP, but that is because I'm not that sensitive to input lag, I really don't mind AG coatings (even though I have a glossy screen and I have no reflections on it), but mostly because I prefer 16:10 by a wide margin.

All that being said, I am a VERY satisfied owner of a 120Hz Catleap and it is siiiiiick. Price is something that I have to take into consideration (it's fine if you don't) and that makes it completely not close. 120Hz is pretty cool too although IPS screens don't respond to 120Hz quite the same way as TN screens do :(

Back