lets me biast here

mattman255

Weaksauce
Joined
Sep 28, 2004
Messages
121
would it be worth upgrading my BFG 6800gt to a XTPE or wait to november my b day november hehe and i have both cards hehhehh
 
I'm not sure what you're trying to ask here.
People with normal incomes aren't going to get their money's worth upgrading from a Geforce 6800 GT to a Radeon X800 XT PE.
However, people with loads of cash to throw away will see some increased frame rates after the upgrade, though I don't really think that will translate into a better gaming experience in today's games.
 
why would you want both cards?

what, do you have two different systems to run two different cards?
 
I've got a x800xtpe and it fricken absolutely rules. 16x12 with eye candy on in everything except Doom3 and it gets a little better with every driver revision. I say yes. It would be worth it.
 
don't.... the difference in performance is what... 5 - 10 percent unless you're an overclocker. Even if it is 20 percent... does that justify the extra amount you'd pay... which I'd imagine to be more than 100?
 
I own a XT PE and its very fast, but it definately does not justify throwing away $500 dollars. Which is what you would be doing if you bought one. The extra fps just isnt worth it.
 
I'd do it, but that's me. I am absolutely in love with it. I came from a 32 MB PCI Radeon card, so that's says a lot. With my card at 570 / 590 (which I use 24/7), I play D3 at 1600 on Ultra and get 51 FPS in the timedemo. For normal play I use 1600 with High (since I don't see the difference between High / Ultra) with 16xAF, hasn't gotten below 30 so far.

If you don't have a problem spending the cash, you won't be dissapointed. If money isn't an issue, there's no reason not to ;)
 
yes i am a overclocker have gotten my card 6800gt to 420-1121 pretty high but sure it can go higher but should i upgrade or wait for the 512 ati card heeh
 
Little clocked lower than ATI's in memory only at 520/560 pretty close to 520/575 :). I gave up on shopati for getting card in. Date keeps getting pushed up. I went out and found one that is PE but clocked almost identical. Now I can finally build my gaming rig.
 
mattman255 said:
yes i am a overclocker have gotten my card 6800gt to 420-1121 pretty high but sure it can go higher but should i upgrade or wait for the 512 ati card heeh


Wait for 512 MB cards.

Of course, I think the ATi IS better than the nvidia because at max FSAA the nvidia doesnt have near the same quality (and I played on both 6800 Ultras and sli 6800 ultras)

I ended up with an X800XT because I couldnt find any PE's anywhere.
 
Back
Top