Lets hack Windows 10!

Soarin

2[H]4U
I am starting this thread for people that want a single source of tweaks and other enhancements for this new winders experience. So far what I am trying to figure out how to do involves the Alarms and Clock app. I want to set custom sounds for the damn thing and there is no option to so far! From what I can tell. So.. time to dig around and find the folder were it stores the sounds and go from there!

theres this dude post here!

As far as removing OneDrive from Windows 10, this command removed it for me:

Code:
@echo off
cls

set x86="%SYSTEMROOT%\System32\OneDriveSetup.exe"
set x64="%SYSTEMROOT%\SysWOW64\OneDriveSetup.exe"

echo Closing OneDrive process.
echo.
taskkill /f /im OneDrive.exe > NUL 2>&1
ping 127.0.0.1 -n 5 > NUL 2>&1

echo Uninstalling OneDrive.
echo.
if exist %x64% (
%x64% /uninstall
) else (
%x86% /uninstall
)
ping 127.0.0.1 -n 5 > NUL 2>&1

echo Removing OneDrive leftovers.
echo.
rd "%USERPROFILE%\OneDrive" /Q /S > NUL 2>&1
rd "C:\OneDriveTemp" /Q /S > NUL 2>&1
rd "%LOCALAPPDATA%\Microsoft\OneDrive" /Q /S > NUL 2>&1
rd "%PROGRAMDATA%\Microsoft OneDrive" /Q /S > NUL 2>&1 

echo Removeing OneDrive from the Explorer Side Panel.
echo.
REG DELETE "HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{018D5C66-4533-4307-9B53-224DE2ED1FE6}" /f > NUL 2>&1
REG DELETE "HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Wow6432Node\CLSID\{018D5C66-4533-4307-9B53-224DE2ED1FE6}" /f > NUL 2>&1

pause

copy into notepad and save as OneDrive Uninstaller.cmd, then run it and it should remove Onedrive from Windows 10.

Removing all the Modern apps from Windows 10

Most power users already have programs that they like. Microsoft are pushing their apps instead, I find this unacceptable and they also removed the uninstall option for these apps that you had in the previous builds.

Just another person's example;

instead of Clock/Alarm app: I use my mobile Alarm app.
instead of Camera app: I use the app that comes with the camera.
instead of Photos app: I use ACDSee app.
instead of Music app: I use Winamp app.
instead of OneDrive app: I use Dropbox app.
instead of Search app: I use the own Windows Search.
instead of Video app: I use VLC app.

so go into Run Powershell as a admin and run this command;

get-appxpackage -allusers | remove-appxpackage

To get rid of the search box next to the Start Menu Button, just right click on the taskbar, go to search and pick either hidden or show search icon, Voila! The search box gone. You can still do the Windows Key and start typing and search will work like it has in the past.

Here’s how to prevent automatic driver updates in Windows 10:

Navigate to Control Panel>System and click Advanced System Settings
Open the “Hardware” tab and click the Device Installation Settings button
Change the setting to “No, let me choose what to do” and then enable the option to “Never install driver software from Windows Update
Click the Save Changes button at the bottom.

This was tested on a clean install of Windows 10 Pro 64-bit. Other versions of Windows 10 may work but YMMV.

Careful with "Removing all the Modern apps from Windows 10" as it removes the Store app, Calculator and everything else.

Now I gotta figure out how to get calculator back or install a 3rd party.

Add multiple monitor wallpaper through the old menu system, paste this into run or command line:

Code:
control /name Microsoft.Personalization /page pageWallpaper

Careful with "Removing all the Modern apps from Windows 10" as it removes the Store app, Calculator and everything else.

Now I gotta figure out how to get calculator back or install a 3rd party.

power shell

Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}

Now you better include me on your Christmas list :)

Now if someone came up with how to remove edge and IE without killing half of the system Win10 would start to look good :D

Anyone have any means to sort, hide, or place modern apps in folders? I don't want to get rid of them, just manage them.

Back