Let the Half Life 2 threads BEGIN!!!

-FX-

n00b
Now that doom is out...the next impending battle of the best video card will inherently surround VALVe's new alien sci-fi thriller Half Life 2. Now my 6800GT ran Doom3 1280x1024x2AAx8AF (Ultra Detail) at a solid 60 fps... How much of a comparison will HL2 be to Doom 3 in terms of demanding GPU/CPU power? Thoughtful responses encouraged.

Uhmm Discussion of the HL2 Alpha will probably land you a ban and this thread a lock

i think most ppl are thinking that hl2 will come in late september or october. i wouldn't be surprised if they do it on haloween. i'm betting that hl2 is going to be a much better game than doom 3, and with cs source and all the mods already in development for it...hl2 is going to own. i think that's gonna be the biggest game of the year.

JonnyK said:
i think most ppl are thinking that hl2 will come in late september or october. i wouldn't be surprised if they do it on haloween. i'm betting that hl2 is going to be a much better game than doom 3, and with cs source and all the mods already in development for it...hl2 is going to own. i think that's gonna be the biggest game of the year.

I couldn't agree more. I am overall pretty happy with Doom III, however, gameplay just seems to get repetitive. I am hoping that HL2 will avoid that. CS Source is gonna be awesome. I simply can't wait for this to be released!!!!!

JonnyK said:

lets see, HL2 doesnt really have much going for it, graphically Doom3 is going to FAR surpass it. content wise it still has mostly the same weapons and same enemies, CS Source=same old gay CS w/ "better" graphics. and the only thing that ever seems to be shown from HL2 are those stupid striders and the physics. i certainly dont have my hopes up

blankoboy said:
"Let the STEAM bl0w3d up my computaa" threads begin..ugh

lol. I must have been lucky, I have never had any issues with Steam, but I have read the horror stories from other users.

-FX- said:
Now that doom is out...the next impending battle of the best video card will inherently surround VALVe's new alien sci-fi thriller Half Life 2. .

Sounds like a Commercial for a Video card manufacturer.

I can see it now ATi Logos Flashing on the screen while this being said in the background.

Is it just me or are HL2's graphics far more 'real' than Doom 3? Especially texture wise. I find Doom 3's textures horribly cartoony at times.

this was just cracking me up so much, taken from csnation.net

CS: Source Pre-delayed
rizzuh @ 4:13 pm pdt - cstrike: source - 113 comments - hot topic
Although the Counter-Strike: Source BETA was initially planned to be pre-loaded on August 5th, that date has been pushed back, according to an e-mail from Jess Cliffe of Valve Software:
Counter-Srike: Source will not start pre-loading on the 5th. We are working extremely hard to get it out and will have more information on this soon.

--Jess Cliffe
The CS: Source BETA was scheduled to be made available for play on the 10th. It's unknown, but likely, if that date will be pushed back as well.

PRE-DELAYED.... lol, who didn't see this coming hahahaha

He's just another "Boat Jumper Hater" .. his comment was.. retarded and incorrect.

Back