Let me get this straight

ragnarz

Weaksauce
AMD releases a whole new line of cards . . . check

AMD does not provide cards to reviewers under NDA so they can publish their findings post announcement? . . . confused

AMD cards(most of them anyway) go on sale 6-18-2015 without any public reviews . . . huh

I can not seem to follow the logic of this process. Perhaps someone can enlighten me?

why would they allow reviews before they are available in the retail channel?

i certainly wouldnt...

Reviews for the 300 series goes up tomorrow. Fury X will probably have reviews on the 24th (when it launches).

Last edited:
To be fair nVidia does similar things. Typically the reviews go up only a day or two prior to launch.

Announced doesn't mean released. ^.^ I read anywhere from 18th to 24th for 300 series release.

18th for 3xx
24th for fury x
7/14 for Fury air
sometime this summer for Nano

AMD releases a whole new line of cards . . . check

AMD does not provide cards to reviewers under NDA so they can publish their findings post announcement? . . . confused

AMD cards(most of them anyway) go on sale 6-18-2015 without any public reviews . . . huh

I can not seem to follow the logic of this process. Perhaps someone can enlighten me?

AMD releases a whole new line of cards . . . false

AMD does not provide cards to reviewers under NDA so they can publish their findings post announcement? . . . false

AMD cards(most of them anyway) go on sale 6-18-2015 without any public reviews . . . false

Thanks for chiming in Brent.

Number of dumbshits in this subforum is reaching new heights...

Thanks for chiming in Brent.

Number of Nvidia fanboys/shills in this subforum is reaching new heights...

Fixed it for you.

I don't know why people can't wait a bit, the inner child can't wait a week :rolleyes:

id go look at some of the other threads before accusing me of sucking up.

AMD releases a whole new line of cards . . . false

AMD does not provide cards to reviewers under NDA so they can publish their findings post announcement? . . . false

AMD cards(most of them anyway) go on sale 6-18-2015 without any public reviews . . . false

announced and limited release BB already selling them so split the difference.

Announcement done. Reviews not public . . . so true.

I think your brain got stuck on typing false on the last one.

BB was not supposed to release, it was an screw up.

Product announcement is not a release, all reviews are under NDA until product is released.

only 3xx release tomorrow, reviews will be available .

3xx = 6/18
Fury X=6/24
Fury air=7/14
Nano = sometime this summer
Furyx2 = some time before the end of the year.

Reviews will be under NDA until the product releases according to the above schedule.

This has been SOP for quite some time

Is that clear enough?

Last edited:
why would they allow reviews before they are available in the retail channel?

i certainly wouldnt...

An alternate school of thought would be to drive hype and clicks assuming of course you expected favorable reviews.

An alternate school of thought would be to drive hype and clicks assuming of course you expected favorable reviews.

absolutely not, it would divert attention from the product marketing material.

Some people just have a hard time understanding.
If the Video Card Managing Editor of [H] says that the reviews will be up when the NDA is lifted, there will most likely be reviews.

I don't understand how this can be so hard to grasp.

Some people just have a hard time understanding.
If the Video Card Managing Editor of [H] says that the reviews will be up when the NDA is lifted, there will most likely be reviews.

I don't understand how this can be so hard to grasp.

People are impatient. :)

Some of them just take cheap shots and they do it for the purpose of taking cheap shots. Because they make no sense about 100% of the time.

Announcement is different from review or retail launch ...

announced and limited release BB already selling them so split the difference.

Announcement done. Reviews not public . . . so true.

I think your brain got stuck on typing false on the last one.

lol I see you changed your stance from "AMD cards(most of them anyway) go on sale 6-18-2015 without any public reviews" to "limited release BB"

In any case, so far we've only seen XFX 300 series cards for sale and at BB only. One specific brand at one particular retail chain. If AMD was trying to rush these cards out before they got slammed in reviews then they're certainly doing a piss poor job at that.

lol I see you changed your stance from "AMD cards(most of them anyway) go on sale 6-18-2015 without any public reviews" to "limited release BB"

In any case, so far we've only seen XFX 300 series cards for sale and at BB only. One specific brand at one particular retail chain. If AMD was trying to rush these cards out before they got slammed in reviews then they're certainly doing a piss poor job at that.

Not a change in stance just a clarification. I did not realize the exacting standards one is held to in this forum.

They are doing a piss poor job. Cat out of the bag etc. What is the point to sticking to their flawed rollout plans now? Moot point really.

Is easy for most of us here to understand best buy employees putting product on the shelves before they were supposed to has nothing to do with amd in the least. So no it wasn't a limited release at all and they probably did get into some trouble for doing so

Not a change in stance just a clarification. I did not realize the exacting standards one is held to in this forum.

They are doing a piss poor job. Cat out of the bag etc. What is the point to sticking to their flawed rollout plans now? Moot point really.

Well you started a thread with some allegations, so I don't think it's wrong to expect you to at least get the facts right before pointing fingers.

Also my point was, if AMD was anticipating getting reamed in the rear with reviews of the 300 series cards, and is thus selling the cards ahead of reviews and before the NDA lift, then it makes no sense to sell ONE specific brand at ONE particular retail chain.

Let me get this straight, 9.3 years here but still a newbie (so you very rarely post), yet you take the time to create a thread specifically to bash AMD?

Definitely no agenda here.

Well, that would be nice. But you know...ego, the need to be right, etc., etc.. :rolleyes:
I guess we will see reviews tonight at midnight.
Why must they be secretive about NDA schedules for cards they've already announced?

I don't want to stay up past my bedtime for nothing!

NDA lift for fury tonight?

thats news, any source?

AFAIK, only the 3xx lifts tomorrow..

Fixed it for you.

I don't know why people can't wait a bit, the inner child can't wait a week :rolleyes:

I think they feel like they have been waiting for much longer because of the when nV released their cards.

Back