Less than a week to 1 Billion

jcretask

Limp Gawd
Joined
Jul 27, 2008
Messages
129
All the [H]ard folders are quickly closing in on the BIG Billion mark. Less than 7 days now. WTF team33. :p Nows the time to plan to complete the next Billion faster then the first.

FOLD ON
 
I'm batching it this weekend, Give me a time and an addy!

I'll bring the wine and Crown! :cool:

 
Them be a lot of Zero's! Onward to 10 Billion, 100 Billion and 1 Trillion!

 
Truely amazing. A big WTF to everyone who played any role in this milestone.


216
 
It took a lot of folding to get to a billion. I'm glad us latecomers could contribute too.

 
Great, I love the sight of people preparing for the biggest party evar !

 
How long did it take to get up to the Billion mark?

Place your bets: How long until the next billion?
(Hint - remember GPU's and PS3's are adding a fair amount compared to the first Billion - mostly CPU)
 
Heck SMP is adding a fair amount compared to the std client for the 1st billion. I'd love to see a graph of points produced over time... See where the various "spikes" happened.

 
Amazing milestone. I do believe worthy of [H] front page attention!!! I think it would be nice if Stanford recognized it as well.

 
I would say 2year 2months and 2 weeks, 2 days :)

I'm thinking we are going to see the SMP contribute more and I think once the ATI client gets the production it is capable we will start seeing 4 M per day. I also think in about 1.5yrs we will see Nvidia/ATI release new cards which will have a gain of over 2x performance. Plus we will see the mainstream use of the variable core CPUs. A single system having 16 or 32 cores is not unrealistic and if I understand how the new SMP client is designed it is future proof being able to scale well as these new architectures take hold!





 
A single system having 16 or 32 cores is not unrealistic and if I understand how the new SMP client is designed it is future proof being able to scale well as these new architectures take hold!

That would be too sweet. It would be nice to be able to run 2-3 power efficient systems that a provide reasonable amount of work and don't break the bank.

I'm going to guess 18 months from our 1st Billion to our 2nd Billion.


 
I'm also curious to see what will happen with Intel's Larrabee when it comes out next year.

 
I'm also curious to see what will happen with Intel's Larrabee when it comes out next year.
It might not be able to fold at first. Its architecture needs to be supported by the client. I am not aware if Intel is currently working with Stanford on GPU support for their future products. Ati and nVidia have been involved with Stanford for quite a while.
 
Will stop drinking now to save up some liver for the occasion. ;)
 
It might not be able to fold at first. Its architecture needs to be supported by the client. I am not aware if Intel is currently working with Stanford on GPU support for their future products. Ati and nVidia have been involved with Stanford for quite a while.

I'm guessing, but since it is X86, the SMP client might run on it with a very light mod.

 
You stop drinking???????????

Obama dropping out of the race wouldn't cause that;)

Did I really say I'd stop drinking? I must have been drunk.
Damn...I guess I can take one for the team.....after all it's not really drinking unless it's scotch. ;)
 
Back
Top