LEPA LV12 CPU Air Cooler for Intel and AMD Processors @ [H]

FrgMstr

Just Plain Mean
Staff member
LEPA LV12 CPU Air Cooler for Intel and AMD Processors - LEPA is moving into CPU air cooling and we have its first cooler for review today, the LV12. LEPA claims that its new louvered fin designed gives it an advantage and surely we will test that. It also claims that the it supplies "Silence with High Performance." Let's see if LEPA can give us our money's worth.

Wow, that's some terrible performance for an after-market cooler. Doesn't matter how quiet it is if it doesn't work.

Thanks for the review

Looks quite a bit like Cooler Master 212+ cooler with slight tweaks, even the fan looks like the blademaster by CM. Right now the 212+ is even cheaper on the egg. lol

Just finished painting my 212 Evo last night so hopefully it will hold off my upgrade-itis for a lil while longer. Already got the MSI Gaming 4G 970 that [H] reviewed.

TFTR (Thanks for the Review) :D

The cpu cooler market is so incredibly competitive that it makes me wonder why any company would dare release something with such a flaw that impacts potential performance. With just how many amazing options exist, the concept of making a good first impression is especially important.

Looks quite a bit like Cooler Master 212+ cooler with slight tweaks, even the fan looks like the blademaster by CM. Right now the 212+ is even cheaper on the egg. lol

Just finished painting my 212 Evo last night so hopefully it will hold off my upgrade-itis for a lil while longer. Already got the MSI Gaming 4G 970 that [H] reviewed.

TFTR (Thanks for the Review) :D

Painting?

I was just thinking of doing this to my Cooler, can you provide some details, or pics?

Painting?

I was just thinking of doing this to my Cooler, can you provide some details, or pics?

For a pic I refer to my post over at overclock.net

As for painting its not hard. I just used some Dupli-color Engine Enamel with Ceramic low gloss black DE1634. Pulled the heatsink out of the computer. masked off the bottom portion that meets the cpu with tape. Dusted all the dirt out and washed what I could off with rubbing alcohol and let dry. Then sprayed about 3 coats (1coat every 15~20mins) and let it sit for a day. Than carefully reinstalled it making sure not to knick the paint.

Some would say you could scuff up the metal with some scotch-brite but I'm lazy.

So far Thermals are the exact same with 1c margin of error during test.
Using a i7 4790k stock with IBT as the stress test, these are MAX, not AVG.
Before: 61c
After: 62c

For a pic I refer to my post over at overclock.net

As for painting its not hard. I just used some Dupli-color Engine Enamel with Ceramic low gloss black DE1634. Pulled the heatsink out of the computer. masked off the bottom portion that meets the cpu with tape. Dusted all the dirt out and washed what I could off with rubbing alcohol and let dry. Then sprayed about 3 coats (1coat every 15~20mins) and let it sit for a day. Than carefully reinstalled it making sure not to knick the paint.

Some would say you could scuff up the metal with some scotch-brite but I'm lazy.

So far Thermals are the exact same with 1c margin of error during test.
Using a i7 4790k stock with IBT as the stress test, these are MAX, not AVG.
Before: 61c
After: 62c

I would hope those are max temps, any otherwise and you would be cooking your cpu to a slow death within a few months. lol

Pretty cool though. I actually want to pain mine to react to the LED lights on my fans.....any ideas?

At the very least I was thinking a blinding white color....

I would hope those are max temps, any otherwise and you would be cooking your cpu to a slow death within a few months. lol

Pretty cool though. I actually want to pain mine to react to the LED lights on my fans.....any ideas?

At the very least I was thinking a blinding white color....

What color are the led's?

White is always a great choice.

I bought one of these for my first computer build because a review from ThinkComputers said it was easy to install and that it offered "middle of the road" performance. I was not planning on overclocking very much so I thought that was fine for me but indeed even at a modest overclock the CPU temps go over 80C. And yes I'm sure you will all laugh at me for getting this cooler for a 5820K (which I got for video creation) but again I wasn't looking to overclock past 3.8GHz since I plan to keep this system for 5+ years. (I built this system to replace my 2.4GHz Q6600 Dell Inspiron 530 which I got in 2008!) I will say that it is a very quiet cooler which was important to me and at stock speeds it does the job so I'm not in a huge hurry to replace it. At least you guys confirmed to me that I didn't improperly install it for my first time mounting a cooler, temp wise.

LEPA LV12 is a good little cooler, but it can't be compared with top tier much more expensive coolers. It's in same league as TRUE 120, NH-U12P and Hyper 212 .. and performs very similar to them and others in it's class. .

Considering how well the 212 series has been selling I can understand why a company would market a similar cooler. :D

Back