Lepa 1200w PSU

TekRok

2[H]4U
I have a system which needs 1250w of power, I measured using a killawatt. Lepa websitehttp://www.lepausa.com/g1200-ma.php states that this unit has a peak of 1320W. What does that mean exactly? Would I be able to run my system on that unit?

I am finding that there are not that many descent units available for purchase, and many are way overpriced. I am able to purchase the Lepa unit, but need to know what peak means exactly.

Got my answer :)
Power being drawn from the wall is not the actual power being put into the system. Basically 1250w X 0.90 (efficiency) = 1125 actual wattage.

Where do you live and what's your budget? The 1600W Lepa in your sig is awesome. The 1200W unit not so much. There might be better choices if you want some input from the community.

I was actually looking at the Lepa 1200 and cant figure out how you would connect 4 cards to it. Am I missing something? It only has 3 ports in the back for PCIx.

I live in PA. My budget is no more than $260. I already run Seasonic 1250 units on my 3 other systems and would get another in a heartbeat, but they are all out of stock.

Just checked PCPartPicker.com and looks like everything in good PSU's is out of stock! Mining is just killing PSU supplies on the top units. Sorry, I didn't realize the supply situation before I posted (I knew it wasn't good, but I didn't realize it was so bad.).

I would stay away from Lepa. I used a Lepa PSU for a friends build. He upgraded from a 8800GTS to a GTX 580. His PSU lasted 3 months. It was bought NEW. His system was hardly pulling anything. 100 watt quad. 6gb ram. 1 hdd 1 dvdrw.

Buy like a Corsair TX 850

Back