Leopold vs. Filco

I chose the Leopold MX Blue over the Filco MX Blue. The Filco had this thin, cheap pingy, lego plastic sound to it; like the keyscaps were about to fly right off the keyboard. The Leopold keys felt tighter and more solid (more closer to the original IBM model M keyboards).

Anyway, recently, I noticed that i could actually type faster when wearing headphones on my Leopold MX Brown Tenkeyless (where the sound from typing is muted).

I've seen several threads (like this one) where people say they like the Filco over the Leopold; but don't mention anything about which type of MX cherry switch is used. Is there a specific kind of Filco that is so good; it goes without saying which MX switch type is used? Im pretty sure they're not talking about the blue switch Filcos..

Anyway, the reason I'm posting is because Im thinking I would like an mx cherry brown tenkeyless keyboard; and, thought perhaps the Filco browns wouldn't have that thing pingy plastic feel/sound to it. If I would feel something similar to the Filco MX blue's then it would be very easy for me to know which keyboard to get.

Anyone tried both blue and brown Filco's as well as blue/brown Leopolds?

Back