Lens Hoods

cmosdos

2[H]4U
I need to get a few lens hoods and I would like your recomendations. They will go with the following:

1) Kit lense for the 350D (RebelXT)
2) 50mm f1.8 prime
3) 75-300mm USM IS

Thanks for the tips!

I wouldn't spend much on a lens hood or even a filter on the 18-55 or the nifty fifty. The nifty fifty is recessed enough to protect itself from flare. They're both cheap enough not to spend lotsa money on hoods/filters.

As for the 75-300... just get teh Canon one that fits I guess.

l337zax said:
I got the Canon ET64II Lens Hood for my 75-300mm IS USM lens and it helped out quite a bit when shooting outdoors during football games and track meets.

I'm planning to get this hood... I would have bought it from onecall when i ordered all my other gear, but they've been out of stock. I've been trying to find a local place here that has it, but no luck. I would like to have it for the zoo this Saturday.

I'm probably not going to get a hood for the 50mm, unless someone really recomends it. As for the kit lense, I have not been able to find the correct hood for it yet.

cmosdos said:
I need to get a few lens hoods and I would like your recomendations. They will go with the following:

1) Kit lense for the 350D (RebelXT)
2) 50mm f1.8 prime
3) 75-300mm USM IS

Thanks for the tips!

Just go to Wolf in the University area and buy a couple of the rubber collapsible ones for your kit lens and the Nifty Fifty, that is what I did.

The only down side is that you have to collapse the hood if you want to shoot at 18mm on the kit lens, but since I rarely do, it is not a major issue for me.

In fact, I bought two of them ($6.00 each) for the kit lens and keep my Circular Polarizer installed on one, with a couple of spare caps protecting it. Then, I can just switch out the hoods faster than I can pull the polarizer off and put it away in it's little box etc..

Back