Lens Doubler?

Langford

[H]ard|Gawd
I recently acquired a new camera. Attached to it I have a 300mm auto focusing lens. I really enjoy it and have been having lots of fun filling up memory cards. Unfortunately, I can never let myself just enjoy something, I always want more. Given my love of autofocus and a limited budget that won't tolerate expensive lenses, my mind wanders towards thoughts of field multipliers, and I would like to ask the advice of the folks here regarding them.

Do they work well, or are they a total waste of money? Would it be best to find something that mounts on the end of the lens or one that mounts between the lens and the camera body?

Two things that I have been looking at are the Bower 2x 62mm Telephoto Conversion Lens, and the Pro-Optic 2x Tele-Converter for Pentax Autofocus.

What you need to check first is the compatability of the lens you are using with a teleconverter. I dont mind using them myself but, I dont go with the 2x. The 1.4x or, 1.7x will give you some extra reach, without as much of an f-stop penalty. But as I said I would check Canons site first to see if you can even use one on that lens.

None of my stuff is from Canon. It's a Pentax camera with a Tamron lens. The specs on the two parts seem to match up with the specs on my lens, but I will be sure to research before buying. I'm kinda wondering if there is any difference in performance between the two doubler methods.

It would help also if you told us which lens you have

I can pretty much guarantee you this thing is going to make an optical mess. The converter is going to slow your lens down by two stops (probably to f11 or more) and disable the AF. It will also soften the image

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
It would help also if you told us which lens you have

I can pretty much guarantee you this thing is going to make an optical mess. The converter is going to slow your lens down by two stops (probably to f11 or more) and disable the AF. It will also soften the image

qft

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Back