Lenovo y400

Scrub206

Weaksauce
Just ordered the Y400 today. I'm very excited for this guy. I'll finally have a mobile gaming device, tho I'm more using it for mobility than actual gaming, thats what my desktop is for. Anyone grab the Y400? Any thoughts? I'm really diggin the look and the expansion slot. Seems like its upgrading made easy, which more laptops should be. Also stock comes with, IMO, monster specs for the price!

The Y400 is pretty big/heavy for something you're planning to primarily use for mobility rather than gaming.

I'm not worried about weight honestly. I used to lug around an old dell for a while which was like 7lbs and the weight never bothered me

Enjoy! The Y-series are some of the best bang-for-buck gaming laptops you can get. They're a bit big and heavy for me, but then I don't need a gaming laptop (just a portable one). Nice buy, let us know how it is when you get it.

So the y400 came in yesterday. I swapped the HDD out for the SSD that i got in (Samsung 840 series 250GB) and installed Windows 7 (mainly because I didnt actually have a windows 8 cd or bootable USB), The laptop runs beautifully. only played one game of LoL on it so far and at medium settings I'm running at a constant 60FPS which as A-OK with me! The laptop seems to collect fingerprints like it's nobodies business. The keys have an awesome feel to them, very comfortable. The track pad on the other hand, is very jumpy, but I'll be using a mouse most of the time.

I'm not sure how hot laptops usually run but I seem to idle at 50-ish and games seem to bring it to 70 or so? So I'm assuming its fine, and there's no performance decrease.

All in all, for my first laptop ever I'm extremely satisfied with it. And for the price? You can't beat it. Damn near the same specs as the Razer Blade, but for a fraction of the cost.

50-70 is normal for notebooks yes, they tend to prioritise noise instead of thermals at idle.

Back