Lenovo Y Gaming Mechanical Keyboard - $45 new, $36 refurb

tungt88

2[H]4U
As an eBay Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
ANyone have any experiences with these?
The wrist rest looks huge...

ANyone have any experiences with these?
The wrist rest looks huge...

All I know is that the wrist rest is detachable. I ordered one earlier (the refurb) to play around with, so we'll see what happens (will compare to my Corsair K60 w/Cherry Reds).

I saw this deal last week and ordered an open box one. Came in slightly torn up original box with all accessories. Keyboard is pretty nice. The wrist rest is pretty nice and detachable, although yes the keyboard is pretty large. It has the kailh red switches. I've never owned a mechanical keyboard and I use a Nostromo for gaming but my cmstorm devastator broke so I needed a replacement. I absolutely loved the lighting, keys (they call them mem-chanical) and layout of my old keyboard.

I am not going to make a full comment about these red switches other than that they are probably great for gaming, but for typing I liked my old keyboard better. I like clicky so I'm sure I'd like the brown or blues more. If I were to do it over again I would get the Devastator II for $30 with a friggin extra mouse. I adore the keys on that keyboard. These keys on this one are a bit soft and too linear for me, but that's what they're supposed to be like. Some of the larger keys have some squeak, but is has mostly gone away - supposed to be an easy fix with some lube. I will definitely be doing that.

Anyway back to the Lenovo.

Nice looks, feels quality. Lighting is decent and can be adjusted in 5 levels although it's not perfectly even (the bottom half of keys that have extra characters on them are dimmer than the rest) with separate levels for WASD and up down left right and the logo. The software for it is very simple and very easy to use. You can setup different profiles and macros and all that junk.

Overall I'll give the keyboard a 4/5. If you use it for gaming you might even give it a 5/5. My biggest gripes are the size, the slightly lower quality switches, the slightly not so great lighting (and on that note the keycaps/font are not as nice as the cmstorm ones). Oh yeah and also the extra USB port and mic/headphone jack should come on the left side and not the right side where most people have their mouse, particularly with this keyboard that crowds up so much space. Still if you game with a keyboard and want a mechanical one, this price can't be beat.

Back