Lenovo WiFi Issues

Mekanic01

Gawd
I don't know if this belongs in this forum or not. I can't tell if it's a hardware issue or a software issue.

My wife has a Lenovo Z70 laptop with an Atheros QCA61x4 wireless adapter. Her connection speed dropped to 8mbps while all of our other devices, wired or wifi, are recording speeds of at least 30mbps. I have searched for a solution, tried uninstalling and re-installing, tried finding new drivers, only to get nowhere.

After several attempts to find a solution, and running speed tests and restarting, I gave up and put it back on her desk. Five minutes later she's reporting speeds of 30mbps. While I find that it's great that it's working, I know it's eventually going to be an issue again.

Any ideas?

I don't know if this belongs in this forum or not. I can't tell if it's a hardware issue or a software issue.

My wife has a Lenovo Z70 laptop with an Atheros QCA61x4 wireless adapter. Her connection speed dropped to 8mbps while all of our other devices, wired or wifi, are recording speeds of at least 30mbps. I have searched for a solution, tried uninstalling and re-installing, tried finding new drivers, only to get nowhere.

After several attempts to find a solution, and running speed tests and restarting, I gave up and put it back on her desk. Five minutes later she's reporting speeds of 30mbps. While I find that it's great that it's working, I know it's eventually going to be an issue again.

Any ideas?

is the speed the same when both plugged in and on battery power? Wifi is often reduced when on battery power.

Edit:
You can go to your power settings, advanced power settings, plan settings, there is a wifi settings for both power and battery, set them both to maximum performance.

is the speed the same when both plugged in and on battery power? Wifi is often reduced when on battery power.
Yes. It was plugged in when she first had the problem, and I unplugged it to move it over to my desk to work on it.

Yes. It was plugged in when she first had the problem, and I unplugged it to move it over to my desk to work on it.

Goto: power options/ Advanced power settings / Wireless adapter / power mode / change to maximum performance.

That is probably your problem.

Back