Lenovo vs Dell

That is by far the most informative post of the day

He's not wrong. You asked which and he answered. Dell has really increased their quality in the last 5 years and most of their computers are quality and carry decent warranties.

I haven't heard tons of good things about Lenovo, honestly. Usually if a topic arises concerning the brand it's about low quality.

Lenovo is in the process of backdooring all their products if they haven't already been done.

Dell keeps its back doors locked.:rolleyes:

Build your family member a custom built machine like you already know how.

I agree, dell has made massive improvements in quality over the last 5-6 years. I have worked with both brands and would say that for the products you are looking at, look for best specs for the best price. built quality difference would be negligible. unless they are set on that ~1L size, do as the Dr. just said and build them something. I guess you might not want to be their support for the next few years...

For my family, I have always use Dell, ordered through the business side (less crap-ware) and if they want support, I get them US based support.

As much as I like ThinkPads, Lenovo's begun to leave a rather bad taste in my mouth.

If you're buying a desktop though, look at Dell. Sure, they aren't the SEXIEST machines. But their build quality is NOT bottom-barrel. Even on their cheapshit units.

That said, for family members, I always recommend investing in an extended warranty with accident coverage.

My uncle chose to forego one on an all-in-one and my idiot cousin put a basketball into the screen less than 3 months later...

Thanks guys, we went with Dell. The biggest thing is they are out of state so company service would be best.

We use Dell and Apple at work... HP, Lenovo and Asus have never given us a eval that was up to snuff. I typically suggest Dell to family and friends that can't afford a MacBook of some kind.

Back