Lenovo C930 - bad battery performance

SBMongoos

[H]ard|Gawd
Purchased not too long ago an seeing poor battery life. Wondering if anyone is familiar with this issue. Not seeing anything using up resources. Installed the latest battery F/W update and BIOS. I'm barely surfing and can see the battery depleting. Just yesterday I ran a battery report and it dropped from 33% to 12% in roughly 35 minutes with me doing next to nothing.

Are you using Windows 10? There is a built in energy saver slider bar that you can move to try and get more life out of it. It's either a single left click or a single right click on the battery tray icon to access it.

Also, check task manager and see if there is a background task that is chewing up CPU time or disk time. Another way to check is to go into the Settings app and search for Battery. It should show you what applications are using the most battery.

I'm not sure how long ago you bought it, but shortly after Windows is booted the first time it performs some maintenance task that can leave it running poorly for a few hours. Leave the system plugged in and let that finish.

Are you using Windows 10? There is a built in energy saver slider bar that you can move to try and get more life out of it. It's either a single left click or a single right click on the battery tray icon to access it.

Also, check task manager and see if there is a background task that is chewing up CPU time or disk time. Another way to check is to go into the Settings app and search for Battery. It should show you what applications are using the most battery.

I'm not sure how long ago you bought it, but shortly after Windows is booted the first time it performs some maintenance task that can leave it running poorly for a few hours. Leave the system plugged in and let that finish.

Under Battery in Settings there is a Battery Saver that's already set to 20% and enabled. But I don't see an option to see which app(s) are using the battery most however.

Been watching the Task Manager. Not seeing anything here chewing up CPU.

Bought 12/12/18. so setup was done back then. Windows updates are current along with Lenovo updates and their battery F/W update that came out in December.

Back