Lenovo 1Q13 Net Profits Soar

CommanderFrank

Cat Can't Scratch It
While other PC manufactures are languishing in poor sales numbers for the first quarter of 2013, Lenovo has seen a rise of 90% on the year’s sales. PC sales for the majority of the major manufacturers have been dismal this year to say the least. Some blame the downturn on the economy, some blame the rise of tablets and some blame the lukewarm reception to Windows 8. None of that seems to have mattered to Lenovo who had to be the one who skewed the bell curve for the rest of the industry. :cool:

Of first-quarter consolidated revenues, US$4.2 billion, or 53.8%, came from notebook sales and US$2.4 billion, or 30.8%, from desktops, Lenovo indicated.

I love my lenovo laptops both for work and home. Parents also have all in one. Couldn't be happier with the awesome cabling :D

Some (although small I'm sure) of the jump might be because Lenovo has the best reputation for being Linux compatible. It's the reason I purchased a Lenovo 2 months ago. Fdisking the Windows 8 partition into oblivion was very enjoyable.

Also, HP and Dell quality is going into the toilet.

I got lucky and got two new Lenovo server for 874 of Amazon 69% off an HP is close to 2k.

My top three laptops for quality of construction, keyboard, etc. have to be Apple, Dell, & Lenovo. Though many seem to be choosing Lenovo over Dell now.

My one gripe with Lenovo is the screen resolutions offered are often not the best. They seem to be getting better though. Toshiba recently came out with one comparable to Apple's Retina Display.

I bought a Lenovo Yoga 13 a couple months ago and it is a great all-purpose laptop. i5, 8GB and added a 256 SSD. It's great and the touch screen flips back on itself to become a tablet. Not gimmicky at all. I love it.

My only concern was the keyboard is exposed on the bottom when in tablet mode, but I carry an aluminum mousepad which doubles as a cover for the keyboard in this configuration.

my hp 8510p is working fine since i bought it, didn't bought lenovo only because it wasn't a model in my price range available.

I only buy Lenovo laptops for home. All the ones I've had have lasted and treated me well.

Its all windows 8 fault!

windows h8!

Not sure one has much to do about the others. Lenovo has done a good job balancing price, quality and innovation. Other makers are either too bloated or simply to far from the source of the products.

Consumers look for value and currently lenovo seems to offer the best value.

Windows 8 issue is the market as a whole, so you can not look at one firm to say much about it.

no one makes laptops like lenovo nowdays, all of them are cheap delicate stuff, lenovo is better priced and better quality.

I, for one, welcome our Chinese overlords. I'm glad they bought the thinkpad division from the Americans and made it better!

I bought a Lenovo Y580 for under $800 late last year. For a fully equipped gaming laptop, no one else came close on price/features. Sure the build quality isn't MBP or ThinkPad level, but its also a fraction of the price with better features. And unlike the MBPr I was actually able to upgrade the memory and add an SSD in the mSATA slot.

So basically for $1000 after the upgrades, I got a fully maxed out system.

I also do have a 4 or 5 yr old Lenovo TP which was beat to hell and is still fully functional other than the battery. My son uses it as his laptop.

Back