Lego

derrick1623

Limp Gawd
i had a literal pc in a milk crate, working and running win98 s.e. got bored and made it a new home, with help from a few mini-figs of course.
pc1.jpg

- back panel connections, visable in windows is processor fan
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
pc2.jpg

- rest of back panel, cd rom, obviously
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
pc3.jpg

-behind these grates is the hard drive, trust me its in there.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
pc4.jpg

-floppy little design show-offs, and you can see the wiring for the psu.
pc5.jpg

-bad pic, but you can see the effort put in by the coordinators.
pc6.jpg

-open side for ventilation, and lack of bricks.lol.
pc7.jpg

-told 'ya the h.d was in there! behind the double glass doors are the bios jumpers.
pc8.jpg

-memory slots and view of processor.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
pc9.jpg

-bad pic, but shows hdd led, power switch, and reset button. the leds are slightly visable through a transparent lego.
pc10.jpg

-better shot of bios jumpers behind doors
pc11.jpg

-stand for psu, the red grates in the background provide open air-flow for the memory sticks.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
pc12.jpg

-better shot of memory vent
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
pc13.jpg

-printed pieces, my rendition on my computer workstation.

took about 3 hours last night, with finishing touches going on as we speak. i think it kicks ass, combining nerdy hobbys is(are?) cool. lmfao

legopc.jpg

-finished, and in place on desk.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
legopc2.jpg

-thats all for now.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

thank you guys for the positive feedback. i've been told i'm crazy already on this project, of course, "she" had to listen to me digging through legos until the wee hours of the morning.

by the looks of it, it seems that some of the legos you have are from the 80s. thats when I think lego was in their prime

pc13.jpg

-printed pieces, my rendition on my computer workstation.
DR. EVIL: Launch the subterranean probe!

most of these legos were in fact from 1985-around 1992 or so. i just got them back, they were in storage at my brother's place.

i've got cases of old legos from the late 80' (when they were good) the parts now are just cheese. reminds me of the lego dragsters my dad and i used to build. we used C6-0 rocket engines and had them ride down 1000" of steel cable attacted thru eyelets. lego's pwn, you sir have made a badass case.

I have two 2' by 4' by 3' 5" box slammed with mostly lego bricks. Then a smaller one with all the nifty stuff( lights people bikes signs rods anchors ropes and many many more things.) I still feel like building a lego case, and would use alot of the net looking pieces for airflow like you did.

i cannot believe the prices on good lego sets these days. i like the vintage stuff, and the pc parts are top of the line for when these legos were new!

pc specs:
aopen m/b
428mb hd
64mb ram
pentium 2 500mhz
8x cd-rom
standard floppy
160?watt psu

:D i'm right proud of 'er

the leds are slightly visable through a transparent lego.

"The word LEGO® is a brand name and is very special to all of us in the LEGO Group Companies. We would sincerely like your help in keeping it special. Please always refer to our bricks as 'LEGO Bricks or Toys' and not 'LEGOS.' By doing so, you will be helping to protect and preserve a brand of which we are very proud and that stands for quality the world over. Thank you! Susan Williams, Consumer Services."
How long will it take for you Americans to get it right?

Thank you! The plural of "Lego" is "Lego"

Jeez :p

OP: That's really, really, funny. I love it. I might be tempted to drag out my, oh god, 15 cubic tonnes of lego and build something.

Awesome dude, brilliant. ;)

Gives me some inspiration to start a lego case of my own.

Back