• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Lego Harry Potter

CreganTur

Gawd
Joined
Jan 15, 2004
Messages
882
I picked this up with the wife yesterday and we ended up playing it together for a good 4 hours. Traveler's Tales really learned from their mistakes and went back to the pure fun of the first Lego Star Wars. We're still early on, so I don't know if we'll run into the infinite enemies insanity (I hope not), but everything else has been great up to this point.

There's not much combat at all in Year 1 but the exploration more than makes up for it. Also, there's a pretty steep learnign curve when you consider all of the new mechanics you have to get used to, not to mention managing your spell list, but they do a great job of pacing the game so you get used to how everything works. I also love that when you're aiming spells it will pick the most appropriate one from your list based on context, which is quite nice.

This game's much more challenging when it comes to gathering all of the extra goodies in levels and filling up the True Wizard (read Jedi) meter. We searched everywhere we could think of and couldn't fill it on any of the early levels we played- probably because we died a couple of times due to jumping errors. I'm sure free play will make it a bit easier.

The cut scenes are very funny, as usual, but the best new feature is they finally built in a skip button- no more having to watch the same cutscene over and over again because you keep dying!

If you like the Lego games, then you really need to buy this one!
 
Playing it also. You should move this to the console threads.
 
Oh. Sorry. When I went to GStop yesterday they told me only on console. My bad.
 
I finally got a 360 controller for my PC and wow, this game is soooo much more fun on the PC now.. really well done and quite addicting. hours fly by and I barely notice..
 
Back
Top