Legit game.. Invalid code ??

Yes_sir21

Weaksauce
I just bought and tried to install battlefield bad company 2 but the code is invalid. The game is totaly new and was sealed. I think the code i have is one letter to short, I have 5 sets of code and each set has 4 letters, but the last set has one FOUR letters. How is that even possiable ? Printing fail ? Any tips `?

Im freaking mad at internet store right now and the will get a call from me tomorow.

Where did you buy the game?

I have 5 sets of code and each set has 4 letters, but the last set has one FOUR letters.

So one of your sets of 4 letters has 4 letters in it? Think about this one for a second...

I've encountered a bad code on a game 5-6 years back. Sent an email to the company explaining the situation and listing the code I had. They emailed me a new code.

Can't hurt to try.

I've encountered a bad code on a game 5-6 years back. Sent an email to the company explaining the situation and listing the code I had. They emailed me a new code.

Can't hurt to try.

Definitely.

IIRC GT Legends shipped without any codes in any boxes. Major snafu.

E-mailed the pubs and they immediately e-mailed a code. They even made it a point in their forums to have it known to do this.

Can't hurt to try.
What company send you the code, the manufacture ( in this case EA GAMES) or the store ? I would imagine the store doesn't have codes laying around,
im thinking of returning the game and demand new one.

You can certainly try to return/exchange it. But give EA a call, as they will likely issue you a valid code (write it down!) very quickly. You'll likely need to explain where you bought it, as well as provide them with the current code that appears to be missing one letter. Doing this would be much faster and less hassle (in my opinion) then fighting with whomever you purchased the software from.

This happened a while back also, can't remember the game though. There was a printing error and the last letter was missing from a bunch of boxes, so it isn't unprecedented. EA should give you a new code if you contact them (they might need a scan/picture of the bad code though).

What company send you the code, the manufacture ( in this case EA GAMES) or the store ? I would imagine the store doesn't have codes laying around,
im thinking of returning the game and demand new one.

developer. store wouldn't have a clue.

Good news guys
I called EA and got new code after emailing a picture of the code. The online store is in luck, i was preparing a kick ass speech to tear them apart. thanks for the tip jslater25. When im decent enough to buy the game instead of pirating( which i did too) i expect the best service.

@ ocellaris: It was a online store here in Scandinavia but its not their fault even though.

the fucked up thing is thou, that ea guy that generated my code, knows my code. So is not so privat.:/

Good news guys
I called EA and got new code after emailing a picture of the code. The online store is in luck, i was preparing a kick ass speech to tear them apart. thanks for the tip jslater25. When im decent enough to buy the game instead of pirating( which i did too) i expect the best service.

@ ocellaris: It was a online store here in Scandinavia but its not their fault even though.

Maybe shouldn't mention that...

the fucked up thing is thou, that ea guy that generated my code, knows my code. So is not so privat.:/

It's an EA employee so it's pretty private. They have access to any code they want, I don't think they are going to take yours. They would just make one for themselves. ;)

if it was only missing the last digit, there would have only been 36 possible combination's, unless its case sensitive in which case its 72, (or 88 if its non numeric as well) if it dosen't make you re-enter the entire code for every try, it would take but a minuet to crack the code, if it dose... well it might take more like an hour.

if it was only missing the last digit, there would have only been 36 possible combination's, unless its case sensitive in which case its 72, (or 88 if its non numeric as well) if it dosen't make you re-enter the entire code for every try, it would take but a minuet to crack the code, if it dose... well it might take more like an hour.

And how do you know you got the correct code and not one of the other 88 possible codes, any or all of which could possibly be owned by others? Nope.

OP, don't worry about the EA tech knowing your code any more than you worry about a bank teller knowing your account number.

Maybe shouldn't mention that...

It's an EA employee so it's pretty private. They have access to any code they want, I don't think they are going to take yours. They would just make one for themselves. ;)

also i should hope the EA employees are paid well enough that their jobs are more important than stealing a few cdkeys

also i should hope the EA employees are paid well enough that their jobs are more important than stealing a few cdkeys

My relative @ Bioware says they only get a handful of free EA games a year. It's not like they can just get anything.

Happened to me, my Guitar Hero .. 3? for PC wouldnt work. Called up support and they made me read a bunch of stuff off the packaging to prove I purchased it, they then provided me with a new key.

And how do you know you got the correct code and not one of the other 88 possible codes, any or all of which could possibly be owned by others? Nope.

OP, don't worry about the EA tech knowing your code any more than you worry about a bank teller knowing your account number.

because when you hit next, it will let you continue instead of saying invalid key and kicking it back.

if there is any chance that your key is 1 final letter off from some other key, they need to revamp their software. because it would be way to easy to get multiple game keys for free that way. these keys are usually alpha numeric for a reason this gives billions of possibilities across the entire key range... but you have the entire key range except the final digit... provided that it is indeed just the final digit that is missing. if someone glanced over it and missed it in say the 2nd number in the 3rd set of 4 and the whole code is shifted down, then knowing which number in which set of 4 just got astronomically high...

so it is only assumed that he is missing the last digit, when in fact it could be any digit, but if it is just the last digit then there are only 88 possible combination's.

example... lets say my phone number is (555)123-465... if it is just the last number, how may lines do you have to try before you find me? 10.... if i messed up and mis-punched a number in the last set of 4... it becomes 40... but if the number that is missing is any where in the number its alot higher... now make it alpha numeric

Last edited:
I called EA and got new code after emailing a picture of the code. The online store is in luck, i was preparing a kick ass speech to tear them apart. thanks for the tip jslater25. <snip>

I'm glad I could help. I've had a similar situation, where the CD-key was actually smudged and unreadable. Had to call to get a new one.

Just try each of the 26 letters of the alphabet for the last one, nbd.

Good news guys

You only bought it because you couldnt play online otherwise, dont act like you're being charitable.

I received a bad code from the steam version when I bought it. Oddly the promotional code was good.

Good news guys

Your a snake, they should of told you tough shit you sword toting, parrot on the shoulder,eye patch wearing, arrgghhh saying pirate. You make me sick, seriously you pirate the game, then buy it and pitch a fit because EA made a simple mistake, maybe you should of said this (hey i pirated the game and I want a legit key code) you probably didnt even buy the damn thing, borrowed someones key said you were missing the last digit so EA would give you a legit key code you thief..

You set yoursself up for this, dont even waste your time and try to argue with anyone either its a lost cause.

Back