Legionella Defeated

Regarding the technology developed, it consists of a system based on low-intensity, high-frequency ultrasounds which, together with the introduction of micro-bubbles of air, produce an effect of photo-sonoluminiscence. The concentration of ultrasounds by constructive interference generates a pressure front that produces a decompression of the gases dissolved in the water. This wave front produces a luminous plasma around the bubbles, as well as high pressure and temperatures.

I don't want anything like that in my bong :D

I vaugely remember the discussions about the bacteria, as I was interested in setting up a bong cooler myself.....pardon me "evaporative" cooler :cool:

well, i think that a reasonably strong UV light shining into the mist might also get the job done......probably have the light outside of the bong, and then a para-reflector beaming the light into the mouth of the bong.

now as for what i put into my hooka.......it's only for shisha, right? ;)

SpoogeMonkey said:
I don't want anything like that in my bong :D

strange I thought a power hungry bioluminescent mad scientist bubble machine would go over really well

better transfer this to case mods :p

Woah woah woah, so this shit can happen to a bong (the type you smoke out of)? Freaky. /Cleans his

this makes me want to build a bong again... every month or so I get the distinct urge to do it, but then decide not to.

Ice Czar said:
strange I thought a power hungry bioluminescent mad scientist bubble machine would go over really well

better transfer this to case mods :p

It's not the bioluminescent bubbles that scares me, its the photo-sonoluminiscence, decompression of the gases, and luminous plasma that worry me.

Since air conditioners aren't readily available (or even functional) in rental properties here, there's alot of swamp coolers. If I could feed a small constant supply of water to the bong, maybe I could eliminate the risk of getting the crusty disease assuming there's a small drain line attached also. This could be as good as my "window mount rad box" I've been thinking about for the winter.

Back