Legal Downloads of Office 2007?

erehwon6811

Limp Gawd
Some of you probably remember that promotion Microsoft did last year where they gave away copies of office and vista. Vista came with a disk and office was a download only. They did send you the product key in a mailer that could have held a cd. :mad:

I forgot I had this and found that the download site is no longer around. I'm stuck with a cd key and no office. I was wondering if there is any legal way I can download this? If I can't download it legally, my options are bit torrent or pay MS $30 for the disks. I would rather have disks, but I'm cheap and don't want to pay $30 for them. I would have been willing to pay $10, but not $30.

If memory serves, you can download the trial version of Office 2007 and register it with your given key. I'm pretty sure that's what I ended up doing a while back...

I was in this same boat after my last install. The site is no longer there. I was able to download the ISO from technet, but later found the original exes on a DVD i burned a while back...

I think registering a trial version may work.

Ugh, software is not the issue here, it's the license. You can download the software where ever as long as you have a valid key to use.

The download on the free version was just the trial version. The instructions were to ignore the key that you get when you download the trial, and use the one that you got with the free promo.

If you can't download the trial, I have a copy of it somewhere that I can get to you. (It is a Trial straight from Microsoft, able to transfer to anyone)

Back