Legal Billing Software

marley1

Supreme [H]ardness
So consultants or lawyers, what are your lawyer clients using for billing? My one client has TimeSlips, 2005 version looking to upgrade to new so we can start putting some new machines in.

WordPerfect. :D

I don't think it's uncommon for many to get by just using Quickbooks.

Timeslips, Amicus/PcLaw, Prolaw

There are a few of them out there, Amicus is a nightmare, not even their developers know how the software works (Trust me, i have had a few cases escalated to the development team and they couldn't fix them)

Most the ones I deal with use Tabs... http://www.tabs3.com/

Seems decent, they seem to like it, I rarely have issues with the software breaking / not working. These are usually lawfirms with 30-50 users.

Helped a part-time legal client out with Amicus a few months ago all the way through the Quickbooks setup. Funky setup, but I haven't heard anything from them since, so I'm assuming everything is fine. I think it's time to touch base :)

I saw tabs3 but pricing didn't look much cheaper than Sage TimeSlips.

Correct, I figured Sage would be the most effective. I got Sage down 300 bucks, waiting on my client to let me know what he wants to do.

The guy next door to me uses Amicus. I installed it for him and setup a backup and remote access, but that's where my experience with it ends. I know his office help has had to call in to them a couple times for support and it hasn't been pleasant, though.

Back