Left4Dead PC or 360?

The 360 is more expensive, $10 for the game plus whatever Live costs.

My 4870x2 at 50% fan speed is far more quiet than the 360. What good is sound if you can't hear it over the machine?

Wikipedia is not a source. Anyone can edit anything they want there. Now there may be validating links on wikipedia, but those are your source, wikipedia itself is legal heresay.

And don't call me Shirley.
 
The 360 is more expensive, $10 for the game plus whatever Live costs.

My 4870x2 at 50% fan speed is far more quiet than the 360. What good is sound if you can't hear it over the machine?

Wikipedia is not a source. Anyone can edit anything they want there. Now there may be validating links on wikipedia, but those are your source, wikipedia itself is legal heresay.

And don't call me Shirley.

Both the 360 and the 4870x2 are loud (I don't know about you but I play my PC games with fan at 85% since it gets too hot otherwise). That said, I cannot hear either when I'm playing games because of the sound coming from the game itself. The only time I had a problem with the 360 is when playing HD-DVDs during quiet scenes in the movies (but then that's why I have a stand-alone player).
 
Wikipedia is not a source. Anyone can edit anything they want there. Now there may be validating links on wikipedia, but those are your source, wikipedia itself is legal heresay.

Really? They don't have any policies or guidelines, let alone people who truly do care about the accuracy of the information they provide? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:policies_and_guidelines Furthermore, I can like, totally see people editing the Steam and Xbox Live pages on a weekly basis, soley to change the 'official release dates', 'cause that would just be some good old-fashioned mischevious fun, now wouldn't it? :rolleyes:
 
The 360 is more expensive, $10 for the game plus whatever Live costs.

My 4870x2 at 50% fan speed is far more quiet than the 360. What good is sound if you can't hear it over the machine?

Wikipedia is not a source. Anyone can edit anything they want there. Now there may be validating links on wikipedia, but those are your source, wikipedia itself is legal heresay.

And don't call me Shirley.

My 360 is much cheaper than a PC. And my 360 is quiet. Not AS quiet as my iMac, but it's quiet. Even more so now that I am running the new dash and I have put my frequently played games on the hdd now. No more disk spinning.
 
My 360 is much cheaper than a PC. And my 360 is quiet. Not AS quiet as my iMac, but it's quiet. Even more so now that I am running the new dash and I have put my frequently played games on the hdd now. No more disk spinning.

According to this page, the 360 version costs $10 more. Perhaps you found it cheaper but I've found this to be common. http://www.gamestop.com/browse/sear...word&Ntx=mode+matchallpartial&Ntt=left 4 dead

I'm still cursed with my launch 360 so that's probably why it's so much louder. I've had it running 24/7 in a closet for months and the damn thing wont die.
 
Maybe you are living in a fantasy world? Obviously you are. Just from the first page of Google results:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/lockergnome/501700059/

501700059_28b38b4425.jpg


http://chris.pirillo.com/2007/05/16/windows-vista-and-xp-bsod-problems/
www.tuaw.com/2008/09/12/itunes-8-causes-windows-vista-bsod/
www.webapper.net/index.cfm/2008/1/21/My-First-Vista-Blue-Screen-w00t
www.theinquirer.net/en/inquirer/news/2007/04/03/nvidia--vista--bsod
club.cdfreaks.com/f88/vista-64-bsod-205617/
www.cyberwalker.com/forums/showtopic.php?tid/2558/
www.extremetech.com/article2/0,2845,2109559,00.asp
forums.techarena.in/vista-help/673237.htm

XP and Vista BSOD Videos

And there are many many more.....but wait...that's right...they don't exist. :eek:

Google results for...
BSOD 2,650,000
RROD 7,150,000
 
seriously ? arguing about which system has more problems ?


that being said, pick the system where most of your friends play. The game is only fun with friends.
 
PC

The 360 (or any console for that matter) is garbage for FPS games, point blank. This is of course my opinion, and yes I have both.

I even have CoD4 for both systems because my irl friends all play on the 360 (20+ ppl), guess which platform I went with?
 
One of the things NO ONE has brought up is that the 360 version has 2 player splitscreen. If you have friends that come over and play, I think you should get the 360 version. Get PC version if you don't see your friends/family often. I think it's a great benefit. I would get both lol
 
One of the things NO ONE has brought up is that the 360 version has 2 player splitscreen. If you have friends that come over and play, I think you should get the 360 version. Get PC version if you don't see your friends/family often. I think it's a great benefit. I would get both lol

Splitscreen sucks its not 1997 anymore
 
i'd rather use a mouse+keyboard and play with ma balls than playing an FPS with a controller.
 
this biggest reason i won't get it for console myself is the maps and mods for pc etc.

also being able to make the game more difficult is nice.

sv_cheats 1
director_panic_forever 1
director_force_panic_event
nb_rush
z_common_limit 60

bind that to key of choice and listen to your friends scream in confusion
 
Valve is way more likely to update the PC version the the console & if they do update both, the pc will be first.
Also it's easier [for me] to turn and make precise movements with the mouse.
 
There's no way in hell you should choose the xbox version over the PC if your PC is even half decent.

Getting grabbed, having to save people from enemies, having to do that critical head shot to save a team mate... all of those you can only do on PC, even then , fuck the mouse feels slow... I have a 2kdpi mouse and a 2.5k dpi one and I was just like swarmed every time during the panic events. I can't picture it living up to its name unless you dumbed it down as there's no way you can whip around fast enough with a gamepad to save your life.
 
They will be graphically equivalent, but if you own most games for the 360 instead of the PC, it might make sense to continue the trend, or if you have money to throw around; get both!
 
They will be graphically equivalent, but if you own most games for the 360 instead of the PC, it might make sense to continue the trend, or if you have money to throw around; get both!

Like hell they will... Get your xbox to run the game with 8xMSAA and 16xAF then well talk about "graphically equivalent"
 
They will be graphically equivalent, but if you own most games for the 360 instead of the PC, it might make sense to continue the trend, or if you have money to throw around; get both!

Graphically equivalent perhaps at launch, but the PC has by far and away surpassed any console in the graphics department by now.

It's simply not even a contest anymore, nor is it really debatable at this point.


Google results for...
BSOD 2,650,000
RROD 7,150,000

;)

Precisely.
What was it, like 33% of all X360's have fallen victim to this thus far, and it has been confirmed, off the record, that all of the first few batches of the X360's are susceptible to the same fate, hence why MS had to change the manufacturing process not so long ago.
 
Bringing up BSOD's or RROD's as an argument for or against PC/360 is just about the stupidest thing in the world because everyones experience with these things is different.

For instance, I have a LAUNCH DAY 360 that has not yet RROD'ed.
I have also built and used 6 desktop PC's, purchased one laptop, and used three corporate owned laptops since I got my 360. In that time, using my PC's and the corporate PC's roughly 14 hours per day on average, I have averaged two BSOD's a year, all on the corporate laptops (All windows XP), and none of them were critical (no need to rebuild the PC or even the OS).

I have literally NEVER had Vista BSOD.

On the other hand I know people that BSOD every week on their PC's and RROD at least once a year. They mostly all have kids that download the worst internet crap imaginable on the PC's and that play the 360 for 6+ hours at a time though. I don't do either of these things, and surprise-surprise, I don't have any real problems with my PC's.

So the only relevance of this kind of argument is if you already know that the person making the decision has problems with BSOD's or not.
 
Its not relevant thats just what The Hedon does.

Besides the fact that BSoD is a temporary problem that can be fixed and RRoD is pure death for a 360. The comparison was stupid from the get go.
 
RROD happens way more often than BSOD. I know some people has never had RROD on their xbox, but I'm on my 6th one, and the same story goes to about 90% of my friends.

I've had maybe 1 bsod back in windows XP, and a restart fixes the problem.
 
i prefer the 360 for several reasons.

1) The 360 is less technical and easier to use being that I can play with my non-technical friends online without having to walk them through signing into the right server or dealing with general pc issues.

2) 360 goes hand in hand with home theater equipment which allows me to justify my expenses to the wife if I can buy something thats for both of us (73" DLP and surround equipment) than computer equipment that she would know is just for me.

3) I'd rather sit on the couch than sit in my desk chair

The argument against mouse/keyboard vs controller is kinda bunk. I grew up with a nes controller in my hand. Sure, more "accuracy" with the mouse but that doesnt mean less fun.
 
The argument against mouse/keyboard vs controller is kinda bunk. I grew up with a nes controller in my hand. Sure, more "accuracy" with the mouse but that doesnt mean less fun.

Its not bunk. There is more accuracy, speed and far better control. There are literaly dozens of keys on the PC and only a fraction on controllers.

2) 360 goes hand in hand with home theater equipment which allows me to justify my expenses to the wife if I can buy something thats for both of us (73" DLP and surround equipment) than computer equipment that she would know is just for me.

Couldnt disagree more, with the shitty support for 1080P its pretty assinine to say the 360 gos better with home theatre equipment. At least with a PC you would be able to take full odvantage of your setup.
 
Its not bunk. There is more accuracy, speed and far better control. There are literaly dozens of keys on the PC and only a fraction on controllers.



Couldnt disagree more, with the shitty support for 1080P its pretty assinine to say the 360 gos better with home theatre equipment. At least with a PC you would be able to take full odvantage of your setup.

First, how does the number of buttons have anything to do with accuracy?

Secondly, I pulled the 360 out of the box, set it to 1080p and "poof" 1080p comes back. I cant go down to best buy or frys and purchase a pc ready to play all the games I want to play on my tv for less than $200.

and finally, this thread is more about personal preference than anything so just like assholes, everyone has there own.
 
First, how does the number of buttons have anything to do with accuracy?

Thats why i said "There is more accuracy, speed and far better control"

Secondly, I pulled the 360 out of the box, set it to 1080p and "poof" 1080p comes back. I cant go down to best buy or frys and purchase a pc ready to play all the games I want to play on my tv for less than $200.

That does not mean the games are actually 1080P if you cant tell the difference between native and upscaled on a 73" DLP i think you should have your TV checked.

and finally, this thread is more about personal preference than anything so just like assholes, everyone has there own.

My disagreeing is my opinion.
 
I can't picture it living up to its name unless you dumbed it down as there's no way you can whip around fast enough with a gamepad to save your life.

I just played the demo on my Xbox and there is a 180* button to whip you around almost instantly.
 
Like I said before, graphics aren't really anything to think about. Contrary to popular belief, the Source Engine is only capable of so much. If we were talking about Crysis on the Xbox360 vs. on the PC, I would say go for PC as it will get you a much better visual experience. That isn't the case here, where the graphical experiences will not differ much between 360 and PC. It then comes down to personal experience and choice. You have to get a copy of the game for whichever system you have found most convenient and user friendly in the past. By now, you most likely have a copy already, and the last two pages of this thread have all been for not, but either way you have already/will soon make the decision on your own.
 
Like I said before, graphics aren't really anything to think about. Contrary to popular belief, the Source Engine is only capable of so much. If we were talking about Crysis on the Xbox360 vs. on the PC, I would say go for PC as it will get you a much better visual experience. That isn't the case here, where the graphical experiences will not differ much between 360 and PC. It then comes down to personal experience and choice. You have to get a copy of the game for whichever system you have found most convenient and user friendly in the past. By now, you most likely have a copy already, and the last two pages of this thread have all been for not, but either way you have already/will soon make the decision on your own.

I downloaded both the 360 demo AND the pc demo. I started with the 360 demo with my brother. It was fun, graphics were mediocre.

Then we tried the demo on the pc and it was just as fun, but the graphics were MUCH better. My sig rig ran it perfectly at very high detail while my brother ran on an older computer with an x800gto where the settings were toned down a little bit. The control over the weapons completed trumped that of the xbox.

If you can ignore graphics and control, then get it on the 360, it will be a blast to play with a buddy. I haven't purchased the game yet as I already have a backlog of newly purchased PC & 360 games to get through.
 
PC without a doubt. Better graphics, better control and you just can't beat a keyboard and mouse. ;) And I have plenty of friends on my Steam list with L4D already. There's always a game I can jump into, grab an auto-shotty and explode some zombie heads. :D

And what is this thing BSOD everybody keeps talking about? ;) Haven't seen one of those since I moved to Vista which was 3 weeks after it's release. I guess not using beta drivers or non-signed drivers or cheap ass hardware is a good thing. :p
 
Back
Top