Left4Dead $20 at amazon starting 3am eastern.

Taking a chance that you have 3 friends, buy a 4 pack for $150 and sell three copies of the game for $37.50 a piece.

L4D sucks w/o friends.

go-gamer is almost always the lowest. Id doubt youd find it under taht now.

I actually bought it from ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ before I noticed that Amazon would have it for $20.

*haha! nice word filter guys. Its true though!

yeah even with the 1 click buy now button i still had to sign in to the secure server, choose my credit card to pay with. hardly 1 click. then i had to go back and edit the order to free shipping instead of standard.

Interesting. I was able to 1-Click L4D and Dead Space without entering anything else.

GODDAMNIT i missed Left 4 Dead for 20 bucks.. now im definately not buying it for any higher..out of principal!

i did pick of lich king and fallout 3..guess i gotta return the amazon one to circuit city since i bought it from them on wednesday for 40 bucks ;p

Hm. I just camped @ 3am after I added two copies of L4D to shopping cart while signed in, and kept F5'n the page until the new price showed. Then checked out.

I'm sorry to all that didn't get in on it!

GODDAMNIT i missed Left 4 Dead for 20 bucks.. now im definately not buying it for any higher..out of principal!

i did pick of lich king and fallout 3..guess i gotta return the amazon one to circuit city since i bought it from them on wednesday for 40 bucks ;p

More than likely will reach this price again in the future... most BF deals come again before christmas.

It was gone within minutes. I was in line at a local Fry's, and placed my order at about 12:01am (on my BlackBerry). My friend tried to add it to his cart 2 minutes (or so) after, but it was already back up to $48. Lame, but oh well. Also picked up Fallout 3 for $30.

i dont get why l4d cost twice as much as tf2 at release?

Tf2 seems more polished and they spent more resources developing that game (They scrapped their build and took them 9 years) but it cost $22 at release

i dont get why l4d cost twice as much as tf2 at release?

Tf2 seems more polished and they spent more resources developing that game (They scrapped their build and took them 9 years) but it cost $22 at release

Hard to say, I dont think it was $22 at release tho. Wasnt it more like $30?

TF2 is definitely a better game thats for sure. Im not sure why l4d is so much. Marketing? Perhaps this is just a hint of things to come with the $20 friday price. Expect some price drops maybe?

Hard to say, I dont think it was $22 at release tho. Wasnt it more like $30?

TF2 is definitely a better game thats for sure. Im not sure why l4d is so much. Marketing? Perhaps this is just a hint of things to come with the $20 friday price. Expect some price drops maybe?
L4D is normal standalone price compared to most games out there, it's got an updated engine, and TF2 will be updated to the new engine eventually.

Maybe they were able to offset the price of TF2 with the fact that ep2 uses the same engine? Dunno...I'm not buying until it drops to ~$20 myself.

I bought my copy before it went out of stock at the $20 price, yet the estimated date was dec 16-18th. I sent them an email about it and I got this back.

Hello,

Looking into your order, I see that "Left 4 Dead" is Out of stock. I'm sorry about this delay--we certainly didn't expect that this would happen.

The order you had placed "Left 4 Dead" is getting out of stock so soon, as it became a hot favorite for every one.

I want to make sure your order gets to you faster once we have stock. To help make up for the delay, I've upgraded the shipping method to express shipping at no extra charge. The new estimate for delivery is December 16, 2008 - December 18, 2008 .

Although the shipping method is faster, it'll still take some time to get the video game. As soon as we receive more stock, we'll ship your order and send you an e-mail to let you know.

If you haven't received a shipment confirmation by December 13, 2008, let us know by visiting the URL below:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/contact-us/wheres-my-stuff.html/

If you'd rather cancel your order, I understand. To cancel your order, go to the URL below and click the "Need to cancel an item?" button:

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Just saw that mine was delayed for 2 weeks too. Interesting considering I got it almost right away. Oh well, I got the 360 version to play for now.

If any of the greedy people who bought more than 1 copy wouldnt mind selling one to someone who didnt even get 1 copy....pm me. :p

do you have prime?

Nope. I do have a friend that works at Amazon. He once asked for my account ID... so maybe he put me on a priority list or something? I remember there was a great deal on headphones last year, me and a friend ordered at the EXACT same time. Mine shipped same day and while his shipped like 2-3 days later. He lives in the next town over. Could just be chance tho.

i ordered dead space and left 4 dead at the same time. dead space just shipped with a delivery date of december 8th. left 4 dead is still saying ship date december 3rd

if anyone has an extra copy I would like to purchase one. I stayed up to get in on this deal, right at 3 I added to cart.. went through payment crap, last page where you submit order it moved it out of my cart telling me sold out.. sucked.

I bought my copy before it went out of stock at the $20 price, yet the estimated date was dec 16-18th. I sent them an email about it and I got this back.
Can you PM me your email template that you sent them? I am in the same situation as you and would hope they would upgrade my shipping.

who buys games like this from shady resellers?
they're just asking for a "cdkey in use" problem

really dont quite understand why ppl would buy more than one copy then

who buys games like this from shady resellers?
they're just asking for a "cdkey in use" problem

really dont quite understand why ppl would buy more than one copy then

As long as the seller has good reputation, I don't see the problem.

And I'm not sure why anyone would want to buy this thing "Used". :p

The cdkeys get locked to the steam account so if anyone bought this and played it online on steam, they would have to give you the steam account with it and most likely that is their main account so.... yeah. I wouldnt buy it used either unless you know it was never played online.....

As long as the seller has good reputation, I don't see the problem.

And I'm not sure why anyone would want to buy this thing "Used". :p

This

I've purchased from many resellers on Amazon and have yet to have a problem, but I do not buy "used" games. :)

Nope. I do have a friend that works at Amazon. He once asked for my account ID... so maybe he put me on a priority list or something? I remember there was a great deal on headphones last year, me and a friend ordered at the EXACT same time. Mine shipped same day and while his shipped like 2-3 days later. He lives in the next town over. Could just be chance tho.

I think there is a bit of chance in there for sure. I had Black Friday stuff from Amazon ship the same day as well as Saturday and I was just using Free Super Saver Shipping.

Deals for the sake of giving? Or for the sake of selling?

When's the last time you met a "giving" slickdealer? I'm sorry but I don't buy that argument for a second.

Just got my games come in today and bluetooth headset. Games don't come in retail box, it's just the CD case in shrink wrap. I don't really care for a box though and more environmental friendly. :c)

Worked perfectly by entering CD key within steam, so no CD needed.

Now to skip school or not to play L4D? lolz

only shrink wrap? WTF? thats gonna look ugly when I give em as presents....

and i already bought my copy @ gamestop a few days before this deal....... this sucks

This

I've purchased from many resellers on Amazon and have yet to have a problem, but I do not buy "used" games. :)

Well this case is special, given how if you use the CD-Key then you can't really play this thing online to the best of my knowledge thanks to Steam.

Back