Left Sound Only

Mewohkie

Weaksauce
Joined
Feb 14, 2005
Messages
88
I'm using a Sound Blaster Audigy with the lastest Vista x64 Drivers and I'm only getting audio out of one side of my speakers and headphones. I have a 2.1 setup with my speakers and the sub works with one of the speakers working, I use my headsets and same thing. Only sound is coming out of the left side. I use vista's little audio tests for speaker side and i click left it comes out left, i click right it comes out left. WTF could this be? Any help would really be appreciated. I can't use my onboard sound either because there are no SOUNDMAX ADI AD1888 Audio Vista Drivers ever. And Asus lies about supporting vista. Please Help me out. More info upon request.
 
Cool 3 forums and I have no choice but to tell everyone i figured out soundblasters suck. My audigy must have a short or something cause the channels are crossing. Left out of left Right out of Left. Anyway Im using a Soundblaster Live for output now and its bad.com cause its horrible sound quality. I'll pick up an SE or some other soundcard later.
 
Do you have your case jacks rigged to your audigy? if so you may have bumped something and its coming loose or one of the returns is being shorted if 1 channels return is shorted it will stop audio from that channel.
 
No, Looks like just a bad Jack for line 1 on the Audigy. I went out and bought an audigy SE but its still annoying that I had to even resort to that. Between Shorted Jacks and No Vista support from SOUNDMAX and Asus. I'm hating the sound world about now.
 
You may have be happier with a X-fi Xtreme Music under Vista. The whole Audigy line has no official ALchemy support yet. The Audigy SE is generally avoided by gamers. I would suggest you return that card and get something a little more modern. Just my opinion.
 
Back
Top