Left 4 Dead Price Drop

epic game!

posted this to a few friends who still live under rocks.

I wouldn't count on it. At it's current state, if you wish to play Versus (the most fun part of the game. Where you take turns playing infected and survivors) you only have 2 maps. They get old FAST.

Not only that, but if you are in a good team, you can bet your ass the opposite team will ragequit within the first round. It happens to me all the time. It's very rare to finish matches these days.

However, it is still a fun game. Not worth $50, but 30.. sure thing.

Keep in mind, Valve is "supposed" (scheduled, but you know how devs are these days) to release the free DLC on April 21st. This DLC will include the 2 missing maps and incorporate them into Versus, as well as one new map and a new mode which sounds like fun. So maybe it will be worth the $50 price tag come April 21st.

But anyway, $30 I say go for it, just don't expect a whole lot of replay value until the DLC comes out

Ditto. Bought it when it first came out - actually took me away from WOTLK for a whole 2 weeks before it got boring and repetitive. It's dead until SDK comes out.

P.S - I have and play with people who use mics.

Fun game - been playing it since release.

For me, it never gets old.

Fun game - been playing it since release.

For me, it never gets old.

Same here, always fun, even though the lack of maps, but thats about to change once the SDK is released, bring on Crossroads Mall and Racoon City woot!

If you dont know about them check them out here...

Crossroads Mall
http://www.l4dmods.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=12:crossroadsmall&catid=2:news

Resident Evil 2
http://www.l4dmods.com/index.php?op...2-full-campaign-work-in-progress&catid=2:news

The game is fun, but most players who use the microphone are idiots. It's like they finish a game of counter strike: source, and they go talk shit in L4D.

Dont buy this game. just save yourself 30 bucks for a day of enjoyment..

Same here, always fun, even though the lack of maps, but thats about to change once the SDK is released, bring on Crossroads Mall and Racoon City woot!

If you dont know about them check them out here...

Crossroads Mall
http://www.l4dmods.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=12:crossroadsmall&catid=2:news

Resident Evil 2
http://www.l4dmods.com/index.php?op...2-full-campaign-work-in-progress&catid=2:news

Those look pretty awesome. I'm stoked for something to refresh this game a bit. The maps are getting old, but they're still fun to play once or twice a week.

I'm looking forward to the DLC.

I think this game is worth the $30 - 50.

The game is fun, but most players who use the microphone are idiots. It's like they finish a game of counter strike: source, and they go talk shit in L4D.

Tell me about it... :rolleyes: That's why I usually try to play with friends as often as I can, though, every once in a while I can find a good pub game without asshats for teammates.

I paid $50 and I think it was 100% worth it. I've put maybe 200-300 hours into it since launch, and I'm still learning new techniques for the Hunter.

This game is dead to me until they release the SDK and full custom map support.

How about until they make it fun again, or consistent in some small respect, or balanced or something.

The number of time my friends and I have flattened the opposing team the second they stepped out of the safe room and then lost on points despite having made it to the end of the stage is absurd. The number of times we've showered them with boomer bile for not a single zombie to appear, the number of times they've had a boomer coinciding with four hunters and massive horde - it's just too temperamental. The fact that it's possible to wave your gun at a grown human being that's launched himself off a ten-storey building towards you and knock him away like he wasn't even an irritation, the fact that constricting and dragging someone for ten seconds only takes about six health and the survivors get about three health packs per run... give me a fucking break, Valve.

Every game these goons release either comes out great with the need for maybe a few tweaks here and there, or, in left4dead's case, some new maps or other content, and instead they just scan the bleating comments by the mongoloids on their forums, dick with the game and fuck it up. The only good addition I can think of is the melée stamina restriction thing. The game was fine when it came out, all you needed was a coordinated team. Now you need that and a fat bag of luck.

Fuck this game.

How about until they make it fun again, or consistent in some small respect, or balanced or something.

The number of time my friends and I have flattened the opposing team the second they stepped out of the safe room and then lost on points despite having made it to the end of the stage is absurd. The number of times we've showered them with boomer bile for not a single zombie to appear, the number of times they've had a boomer coinciding with four hunters and massive horde - it's just too temperamental. The fact that it's possible to wave your gun at a grown human being that's launched himself off a ten-storey building towards you and knock him away like he wasn't even an irritation, the fact that constricting and dragging someone for ten seconds only takes about six health and the survivors get about three health packs per run... give me a fucking break, Valve.

Every game these goons release either comes out great with the need for maybe a few tweaks here and there, or, in left4dead's case, some new maps or other content, and instead they just scan the bleating comments by the mongoloids on their forums, dick with the game and fuck it up. The only good addition I can think of is the melée stamina restriction thing. The game was fine when it came out, all you needed was a coordinated team. Now you need that and a fat bag of luck.

Fuck this game.

Wow man sounds like you have some pent up rage and are taking it out on the game. To many people play these types of games for competition, just play the game and have fun with it, make it a game inside of a game. As for the "Forum Mongoloids", just don't go to the forums? Problem solved.

Wow man sounds like you have some pent up rage and are taking it out on the game. To many people play these types of games for competition, just play the game and have fun with it, make it a game inside of a game. As for the "Forum Mongoloids", just don't go to the forums? Problem solved.

I don't, the developers do, that's the problem .

I play games to have fun. I don't have fun when the game is inconsistent to the point of absurdity. Simple, really, no pent-up rage beyond the impression that I really shouldn't have spent as much money on this as I did.

With the boomer complaint, What you're experiencing is boomer'ing someone while an AI director horde is either still coming or just finishing up, and thus a new horde doesn't come.

That's one thing off the top of my head. If you wanted more I would have to go and play the game for fifteen minutes, I'd have a bucketload.

However, I really would be forcing myself. The game's only bearable when you're shitfaced.

$27.99 with free shipping. Pretty good deal to me. Think I'm going to buy my little bro this. He has it for 360, so now I can play online with him.

how would this run on my core duo 2.16 ghz x1600 2 gb ram macbook pro?

Is it about the same as tf2? more models on screen would seemingly make it more demanding

how would this run on my core duo 2.16 ghz x1600 2 gb ram macbook pro?

Is it about the same as tf2? more models on screen would seemingly make it more demanding

I'm buying a Macbook with similar specs. How does TF2 run on your MBP? And on what settings do you have it? (just a simple low, medium, high graphics will suffice)

It seems the only people who play this game now are ten-year-olds, griefers and absolute retards.
It is even more frustrating due to the amount of potential the game seems incapable of living up to.

I think this is more of a LAN game when you got 8 people in the same room..

Beyond that, it's not really that good for pubs...

It seems the only people who play this game now are ten-year-olds, griefers and absolute retards.
It is even more frustrating due to the amount of potential the game seems incapable of living up to.

This is true. I hope they come out with some new content soon, these maps I think are getting everyone frustrated , that seems to be some of the problem.

i think the biggest factor is are you playing with pugs or a group of friends.

clan games are great all 8 people on vent and in game, talk trash to friends and can also use in game voice chat to talk just to your team.

most of the pug vs games i have played have not been nearly as fun. campaign games can be ok with pugs but after a few runs though on normal it gets too easy. on hard pugs can fail.

so moral of the story is play with friends it is a lot more fun.

I think this is more of a LAN game when you got 8 people in the same room..

Beyond that, it's not really that good for pubs...

I think that is one of my larger sources of frustration, I just do not have enough friends over steam to consistently have quality games.

A lot of times it will be my roommate and I looking for a random game to join, which never plays out well...

Most of you probably know this, but for those who don't there are alot of currently playable custom maps available on http://www.l4dmaps.com . Some of them are coming along nicely, 'Naniwa City' (even has a finale although the maps are a bit big), 'Death Aboard', 'Heaven can Wait', come to mind, to hold you over until the update and SDK are released.

Should be much better when the SDK comes out, and Darth Brush's 'Dead before Dawn' is released. EDIT (link to info on this campaign http://www.l4dmaps.com/details.php?file=17 ) /EDIT

SR

Last edited:
Thinking of picking this up, it can be bought for £15 with free shipping here in the UK. So that's $22. The lack of maps and childish behaviour has put me off a little

Last edited:
its a fun game but the missions are LONG, after a hour i feel like ima pass out.

Just under a week until the 21st. I don't know why they've waited so long. I mean, this was great in December though early March, but I've gotten tired of constant BH for VS mode. Some custom maps like Zelda are hilarious, but others are LOL-bad as well. I think if Valve had gotten this shit down about 1 month earlier (when the lull for me started occurring), it woulda been great.

But it's been almost a full month since I've opened L4D, much less Steam.

Back