Left 4 Dead PC - $39.99 at Amazon

GDstew4

[H]ard|Gawd
http://www.amazon.com/Left-4-Dead-P..._1_2?ie=UTF8&s=software&qid=1225035142&sr=8-2

$5.00 promo discount off the already discounted $44.99 when you pre-order. Only shows up on the final screen before placing your order:

l4d.jpg

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Just be aware the ship date is November 24. I don't know if I want to wait that long. I want to go with a hard copy for this game, not just a Steam download, but the convenience is hard to beat.

Nice find. I think I'll go to Coinstar, cash in my coins for an amazon.com giftcard (receive 100% of the money if you choose giftcard), and use that on L4D too.

I bit. The final pricetag of $40 was much more palatable than the original $50. If Steam had done a similar price I would go through them.

I bit. The final pricetag of $40 was much more palatable than the original $50. If Steam had done a similar price I would go through them.

Same here, but can we still activate via Steam and have it download the Steam version?

I'm afraid to ask if EA used their Suck u rom ani piracy crap technology on this game, the way they did with Spore and Dead Space??:(

ByteDown[H]ard;1033230115 said:
I'm afraid to ask if EA used their Suck u rom ani piracy crap technology on this game, the way they did with Spore and Dead Space??:(

Someone always find a way around it anyways, but this is a multi-player game, it'd be sad if someone pirated it to play single player with bots.. are there bots? :eek:

Someone always find a way around it anyways, but this is a multi-player game, it'd be sad if someone pirated it to play single player with bots.. are there bots? :eek:

There are most certainly bots, for both the survivors and for the zombie side.

there's mandatory 4 survivors per game, users and/or bots. L4D is 100% steam. it requires steam to install and an internet connection to activate. it has all the awesome seamless DRM that Steam offers. there are cracks for steam games but the online ones get fixed very quickly, usually in less than a week. Steam-only puts the biggest hassle on games of any DRM out there and is by FAR the best for consumers worried about install limits and activation BS.

i guarantee EA has nothing at all to do with this game besides making the actual DVD+box and shipping it to stores. It's a Valve game, which means PC and xbox360 versions are done entirely in-house and require Steam on the PC regardless of where or how it's purchased.

I saw somewhere on steam news that when you buy it through them you have a 5 machine limit.And yes Securom is used.

Just be aware the ship date is November 24. I don't know if I want to wait that long. I want to go with a hard copy for this game, not just a Steam download, but the convenience is hard to beat.

hardcopy is still a steam only game :confused:

I saw somewhere on steam news that when you buy it through them you have a 5 machine limit.And yes Securom is used.
if youre so worried about securom with the hard copy, just register your key on steam then download it off of the servers. i doubt they have two separate deployments for registered hard copies and ones you buy off of steam

A little off topic but how do you guys think L4D will run on my system? I can run hl2 ep2, css, and tf2 all at max settings at around 40 fps. Will L4D be any different? The system requirements look a lot more demanding than tf2.

I would have bought it off steam if they offered it for that price. Instead, I'll wait. I'm kind of gun-shy on buying on release day anyways. I like to see reviews/impressions to see if it is going to be something I like before plunking down the $$ for it.

Back