Left 4 Dead 2 is now FREE on Steam

Why even buy Valve games, they become free sooner or later! :D (Half life 1 and 2 will be free in like 10-20 years..:p)

Haha, I was just popping on to post this exact same thing. Should be moved to the freebies section though. Thanks OP :)

I mean doesnt get much better than this. L4D2 is one of my favorite "co-op" games, so much fun and never gets old.

Looking forward to some rousing rounds of Rage Quit the game tonight

This game has aged very well, especially so now with Steam Workshop. I love playing with my friends.

The store is just down the whole day today.

This is front page at Slickdeals... the herd has stampeded the servers for something free. 18 pages of how Steam sucks because they can't get one of the 10 tabs they keep refreshing to work lol.

This is front page at Slickdeals... the herd has stampeded the servers for something free. 18 pages of how Steam sucks because they can't get one of the 10 tabs they keep refreshing to work lol.

Slickdeals ruins everything!

Pretty easy to give away stuff when you profit on other peoples work :O

so... then apparently Gamestop and Target also "profit on other peoples work" when they sell a videogame.

protip: think before words.

Last edited:
Yeah, that's the great thing about this game... Depsite the graphics not being top notch. You can still go online, kill an assload of zombies with good players for the most part. There are the occasional jackass players, but that's a given with any online game.

You apparently have until 10AM PST to download and install it. Adding it to the Library isn't enough.

Too bad my connection won't make it.

You apparently have until 10AM PST to download and install it. Adding it to the Library isn't enough.

Too bad my connection won't make it.

Not from what I attempted last night. I added it to my Library & its not a "trial" version.

Ugh, servers are still at 99.9% of its peak.
I was averaging about 14-15Mbps before this freebie, last night it took over an hour to download ~7Gb.

This is funny, it appeared as free, then as $19.99 and now $9.99 in a matter of minutes.

Damn, by the time I installed steam it was dead.

Shoulda just signed in through website and added it to your games.
Worked for my alt account.

Wow, 125k people in game right now.
Edit- L4D2 was barely in the top10 last night with under 40k people playing.

damnit I missed it, well no matter, I already own it... but wanted to tell my friends about it, but its dead :(

Yup missed it too, damnit Steve for getting me excited by posting that it was free, today.

Back