• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

LED TV for computer-use?

Christhenoob

Weaksauce
Joined
Nov 21, 2009
Messages
73
Good mourning!

Lately, i ave gotten the itnerest for LED-TV's and i guess i can see the pros that come with such a monitor. So, i started looking for a tv suited for my needs, and since im posting this thread, you guessed it right: I need your help!
My needs/what i do:
- watch movies, mostly 720p/1080p
- play xbox360/ps3
- watch tv in HD format
- relax with youtube and other small internet tasks
- play games like BO, MW2 and so on.

from this list, you can understand that i need and want 1080p. Full HD quality all the way!
My budget is max 1500 dollars, so please dont link the first and best you like or have heard about. I would love to read some reviews, so dont be afraid to link those aswell. The size i want is between 30-40. 40 inches is a reeeal strech, because i will be sitting from 3-9 feet away from the tv.

It also has to have HDMI outputs. preferably 3-4. This way i can connect the tv to my pc, xbox360, ps3 and something else random.
 
VIZIO M370NV if you really want a thin (less than 2" mounted on the wall) LED.....
Will definitely look supurb

http://www.amazon.com/gp/redirect.h...rds=B003DV55Y4&url=search-alias%3Delectronics

Or if you want to save a few bucks, and still get supurb LCD quality (since LED TVs are really just LCD using LED lighting behind it, not CCFL like normal non-LED LCDs) I recommend you check out this Panasonic IPS panel. IPS are especially much more awesome for watching flicks and TV and stuff since the viewing angles are 10x better than normal LED/LCD screens. Cheaper LCDs usually use cheaper (TN panels) which will fade colors and such if don't look at it from a straight view is what I mean by "viewing angles" Check out the description, it will talk about IPS and why its better.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/redirect.h...rds=B0039C9GCY&url=search-alias%3Delectronics

I recommend them both obviously, and many here would recommend the Panasonic IPS panel for sure as IPS usually has a much better/accurate picture quality.... but if you really want a thin LED with good, higher contrast than check out the Vizio. Either are very awesome for whatever the needs, really :)
 
As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Should only be a few types with input lag low enough to consider using....Sharp 700, 810 series come to mind. I can play precise games like Rock Band and DDR on it with zero lag calibration, plus full-array LED, 10-bit panel, looks great, lots of inputs on the 700UN, cheap too if you can still find it....
 
what about the lg 32" led that was mentioned before in a different thread.is that the current best slim led based, especially if you get an ips model, for pc,tv, and console use?

http://www.amazon.com/LG-32LE5300-3...1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1293988169&sr=1-1
The problem with the LE5300 line is you can get a VA panel. Unless you can see the serial number before-hand you won't know.

I'm heading to another Costco today to see if they carry a 32LE5300, I've been able to find the 37LE5300 with the IPS panel, but I think that's too big to use on my desk (for gaming).... I suppose I could try it and return it.

Thread about the Panel Lottery: http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=1268529
 
As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
I've been reading the different reviews on models you guys have linked to me. My favorite is the LG 32LE5300... It looks so good compared to the two others. I think i have found my tv :D

Thanks for the advice guys ;)
 
best way is to go to your local electronics/wholesale club store and check the serial# to guarantee you are getting an ips panel instead of the tn.
 
not meaning to thread-jack, I have 2 large LCD monitors (28" hannsG & 24" samsung) that are both slowly dying. I'm thinking of getting a 32" to 37" LCD LED TV just like the OP has suggested! But, my problem is I need a TV that is VESA mountable, 100x200, etc.

ideas on that? Don't most LCD tv's need a Adapter?
 
The LG 32" has a VESA mount. 200x100 as you said. When you buy a TV, you should buy a vesa mount that is made for TV's, not try to mount some adapter from a 100x100 vesa mount. Thats my advice anyway :)
 
The LG 32" has a VESA mount. 200x100 as you said. When you buy a TV, you should buy a vesa mount that is made for TV's, not try to mount some adapter from a 100x100 vesa mount. Thats my advice anyway :)

No problem, No I actually just received new MX Ergotron Deskmounts- I'm building a desk here, http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1570603 and they come with a vesa bracket, that s what I was talking about really.
 
Back
Top