• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

LED showing from behind screen

Saturn2888

n00b
Joined
Jul 13, 2008
Messages
11
Hi all! I have a monitor where an LED is able to be seen through the screen. There are no tears or anything; it’s all behind the screen.

What would cause this to happen and is it able to be fixed?
Thanks!
 
Sorry about that. Didn't get any e-mails about this from [H] for some reason.

I probably still have a picture, but I don't know where I've put it by this point plus I returned the screen already.
 
That would have been a bright pixel, which is a pixel that is stuck open. When a pixel is stuck closed, it's a dead pixel. Bright pixels are a lot less common, which is good because they are a lot more annoying than a dead pixel, so most monitor sellers should take back a monitor with even a single bright pixel.
 
Naw, it was definitely a light behind the screen. All the pixels were showing up just fine aside from a bright LED-sized light behind 'em.
 
I trust you are certain it was not a light behind you that was reflected by the monitor, so that does sound odd.
 
Back
Top