Led questions

jpnelson83

Gawd
Joined
May 13, 2002
Messages
736
I'm going to be building a fanbus with some bi-color LED's and I don't know the required voltage or current. Anyone konw how I can find these values out?

FYI. I'm buying the LED's from allelectronics.com
 
Go to LSDiodes.com and look at their prices, they really beat all the others and they have a spec sheet on everything they sell, and shipping for everything is $2.00. plus they throw in extras. also they have a resister calculator makes things easy:D
 
Many multimeters have a built in function to measure the voltage drop across a diode, and you can assume the current is about 20ma. If your multimeter does not have this function, look up some other LEDs of the same color to find out what the voltage drop usually is.
 
Originally posted by mattg2k4
Many multimeters have a built in function to measure the voltage drop across a diode, and you can assume the current is about 20ma. If your multimeter does not have this function, look up some other LEDs of the same color to find out what the voltage drop usually is.

Cool thanks and racecarl lsdiodes.com doesn't have bi-color LED's which is what I want but it looks like a good resource. Thanks guys.
 
Back
Top