LED lighting, diagram check.

Discussion in 'Cases & Case Modding' started by daphatgrant, Jun 19, 2018.

1. daphatgrant

daphatgrant I'm w/Stoopid ^

Hey [H], a thread in general mayhem got me thinking about adding some lights to my case. I just finished moving over to the Corsair air 540 and figured why not.

Before I start, I'll note I also want to add footwell lighting to my car so I'm going to be grabbing some extra supplies and a single roll of led's, which is why I'm not just getting a pre-built case lighting kit.

I just want to get a double check on the wiring diagram for the PC lighting before I click buy.

All 12V
    PC LEDs.png

Last edited: Jun 19, 2018
  2. daphatgrant

daphatgrant I'm w/Stoopid ^

I stumped 107 people ehh? :p

3. revenant

revenant [H]ardForum Junkie

Looks right to me.. yellow should always the 12v lead on that sata connector... Assuming the led strip leads are color coded properly.

4. travm

travm Limp Gawd

Those strips are hard to screw up. If you cross the wires it won't light up, no harm. If you get it right it will light.
    You may want to add a 0-1k potentiometer to adjust brightness. Polarity on the pot won't matter. The pot can go inline (series connect) with either the ground or the power. Also be sure your strips are rated for 12v.

revenant likes this.
  5. Zepher

Zepher [H]ipster Replacement

Looks fine. I did the same in my case, minus the switch and sata power connector, used a molex connector.

IMG_0829.JPG

I did change to a Corsair RGB kit so I could change the color and brightness of the case lighting,

IMG_1695.JPG

revenant likes this.