LED Light strips connected to a fan controller...

Canon

2[H]4U
I have a Scythe Kaze Master Pro 5.25 Fan Controller

I have the following LED light strips (well I only have the green ones for now, still waiting for the white ones to arrive in a separate shipment).
LOGISYS Computer ML12WT LED Super Bright Sunlight Stick
LOGISYS Computer ML12GN LED Super Bright Sunlight Stick

So far I like the green light sticks, I have one in the top of my Corsair 650D and one on the bottom.

My idea is that I would like to install a set of white light strips as well and connect them to my fan controller in hopes that I may be able to dim or at least turn them on and off. Some reviews on these strips are saying that they have been successful in dimming them.

The problem I'm up against is that the fan controller has 3 pin fan headers and the cables that you plug into these headers that come with the unit are 3 pin with room for a 4 pin connector. The connector on the LED strips is a 4 pin Molex connector.

I have some 4 pin floppy to molex adapters that came with my Corsair AX850 PSU but they won't physically fit in the connector for the fan. Also, they would need to be re-wired as the wires are not aligned to the correct pins as I seem to recall, even if I could modify the connector to fit.

I guess what I'm asking is, has anyone come across an appropriate adapter to make this work? Also, I wonder if doing this will set off the fan alarm on the fan controller...

Back