LED change on razer, would that work?

SnOof

n00b
hi, i wonder if i change the led on my razer 2 a white one can it burn up? or would it just not respond as it should? and would a 7000 mcd white LED due?

why wouldnt it work? people have switched reds for blues, why not white? only purpose for the led is for the optics to pick up the surface texture, i'd think white would work as long as its bright enough, unless it really is that sensitive to the different colors wavelength, etc
shrug

yea, i tried 2 change it 2 day but the original led was impossible 2 move without breaking the mouse

i know you can in a MS intellimouse

so as long as it isint laser, you should be fine

i tried 2 remove the led as i said, but i was stuck so i got 2 cabel piceses and solder them on the usb:s powercables and it worked just fine. when i hade fixated the led on the circuit whit glue i found a third led solder-point :D that one is for the plasma edition, they have a led with very low brightness underneath and 2 3mm blue leds 2 light up the mouse :D, i will post some pics tomorrow after school.

As far as I know the Copperhead has no LED that doesn't just fluctuate between bright and dim for show. It's a laser mouse. There is no red beam shooting out the bottom lighting the surface. I think we cleared that up by this point, just making sure. Having the mouse myself, simply going ~ "LOL, no!" seems a bit misguided.

I must have mis understood mine has the red shooting out the bottom. I also thought it was lazer . so sorry i blew it . I just looked at the light in mine on the bottom its very bright.

So you guys are using the new drivers. I tried them . Did like the orginal much better.

No biggie. :)

The Op didn't even realy post what kind. Pre-copperhead it could very well matter. I'd guess he has a copperhead just cause it's new.

texuspete00 said:
No biggie. :)

The Op didn't even realy post what kind. Pre-copperhead it could very well matter. I'd guess he has a copperhead just cause it's new.
Actually, the Diamondback has a dim red LED for tracking and blue LEDs for bling, so switching out the blue ones wouldn't do anything to the tracking. Maybe the Boomslangs used the tracking LED for bling too, like a Logitech, but I dunno.

Back