LED Accent Lighting

King Icewind

Supreme [H]ardness
What do you recommend for LED lighting? I want to be able to use my computer at night without having to turn the ceiling light on. Using three monitors +/- a TV in the dark makes my head very upset.

Previously I had this set of 5 halogen accent lighting positioned behind my monitors. They worked great for what I need, but they eventually died. I would just get them again, however they got absurdly hot. They left giant red blister burn marks if accidentally touched. I then purchased two sets of the Antec Bias lighting and ran them across my three monitors. They were never quite as bright as I wanted, and one them just died. I thought I should do it 'right' this time.

There are some kits on amazon, but they get some bad reviews. I was looking at this one. Having the lights be changeable would be cool, but not really necessary. Otherwise, I'd like them to be as white (6500k) as possible. I thought it might be worth it to put all the pieces together myself, but not sure all I would need.

How should I run it? A piece across the top and bottom of each monitor/tv, and then along the wall? Just along the wall? Here's what I am working with. Sorry for the craptastic picture.

room1.jpg

Thanks for any help,

King Icewind

And sorry if this isn't the best place for the thread!

Last edited:
As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
I went on ebay and bought a 10m rgb led kit with controller for $25. This kit has the stock tape you remove and I placed it around the parameter of my video deck on my desk. I have a omnirax force 24 desk which is a video/ audio workstation with rack mounts and can easily fit 4 24" monitors on the monitor rack.

This allows me to control the brightness, colours, patterns, etc. Works very well at night and adds a nice effect.

1239611_612190098832762_1374000746_n.jpg

How long have you had the set? Do you have a link?

That doesn't annoy you having it in your face?

Last edited:
As an eBay Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Back