Lebron James Slam Dunk Fathead (interesting story included)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pkirk618

Supreme [H]ardness
less than $20.00 for a $100.00 poster. These are huge!!

Get it here:

http://www.fathead.com/nba/cleveland-cavaliers/lebron-james/

Read about it here:

http://www.spike.com/blog/hell-hath-no-fury/97513
http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2010-...-sparked-by-birthyear-of-benedict-arnold.html
Cleveland Cavaliers owner Dan Gilbert has decided to reduce the price of all LeBron James “Fathead Posters” from $99.99 to exactly $17.41. Why? Because that’s the year noted traitor Benedict Arnold was born. (Petulance has never been so entertaining.)

Pic just in case it get's sold out:
captureojb.jpg

Sorry for not posting a price in the title.

Last edited:
hilarious. also, if you have never seen a fathead in real life, these things are funny all by themselves. an old boss had 3-5 in her "sports bar" basement and they made the basement look better than most sports bars.

Edit: looking at their "deals" it looks like $50 is the standard for a traded player, so Lebron is cheap, but not $100 down to $17 cheap, just $50 down to $17 ;)

LOL @ how incredibly butthurt this guy is over losing James.

Uh, you don't know what you're talking about.

Seriously, you have ZERO perspective on the matter. He has every right to be infuriated. Do you have ANY idea how much the value of the franchise plummets with him leaving?

Last edited:

Seriously, you have ZERO perspective on the matter. He has every right to be infuriated.
I know plenty. Yeah, he has the right to be mad. Going public and making a huge deal about it? Not going to solve anything and isn't very classy. There's a difference between having the right to be upset about something versus taking it to the extreme.

was just about as classy as making all those teams, particularly the people of cleveland, listen to 30+ minutes worth of garbage on ESPN about "The Decision", not to mention the obnoxious 3rd person reference to himself.

It does solve something, if anything it lets him relieve his anger

I wasn't a fan before the trade(they did a sign and trade), and I am not a fan now, but at 17.41 I am tempted.

Seriously, you have ZERO perspective on the matter. He has every right to be infuriated. Do you have ANY idea how much the value of the franchise plummets with him leaving?

I think you lack perspective.

James played the length of his contract, at which time he was free to seek other jobs. IF the Cavs wanted him around another year they should have signed him to a longer contract, or fielded a team that would win the championship, or maybe just made Cleveland suck less(Not my opinion, but James's).

Why does the owner have a any right to be infuriated? Did James at some point promise to stay around forever? Or just because he's from Ohio and an Ohio team drafted him, he's obligated to stay there?

I live north of Dayton, Ohio, and can't say I blame James for passing on an opportunity to stay another year in a declining post industrial fail-opolis.

^^^someone else is butthurt too :D

the owner so salted and bitter is funny haha and acting like a kid who didn't get his way, really? cavs going to get a championship before lebron? really? how? in nba2k11 signing Jordan as a freeagent and change the rookiemode? haha it is so funny James did all he could so what was he suppose to do? come back and play with the same crappy player again?and I am sure gilbert would act the same way if lebron was going back to cavs rights? yeah rights!

About the only thing in common to Arnold is the CT connection...

It would have been funnier to just put them @ 19.84, when LeBronVoyage was born...

$17.41 is still too much for a plastic poster that sticks to your wall. $99 is highway robbery.

well considering that is what lebron did to the city and fans, and to the entire state of ohio, i'm surprised more aren't butt hurt :p:rolleyes:

Well then they should have put a team behind him. The reactions of people from Ohio, burning his jersey :rolleyes::p

WHO FUCKING CARES.

The drama behind this is so stupid and boring. Just because someone leaves in free agency doesn't mean they are a traitor. The guy worked his ass off to earn the Cav's a championship. It didn't happen because he didn't have enough help. Now people burn his jerseys. Those great years where you were worshiping him on your knee's means nothing to you now? Wow what real fans. They realize that the only thing good about the team was him and now they are completely lost without him. Let him go win a championship with an organization that actually knows how to build a team.

lol, funny. but really, this is the same story repeated yearly by sports talent. not sure why this is so surprising. its just a business after all.

With all the overblown drama from a guy switching teams, someone needs to make a Twilight tie in.

With all the overblown drama from a guy switching teams, someone needs to make a Twilight tie in.

Because of his ego and the spectacle with his TV special about who he was going to sign with and how he burned his hometown. If he had simply gone about this quietly and explained in a normal press conference about his wish to win a championship and to move to a new team with free agency like a normal person would, he would not be nearly as hated.

He personifies the loss of sportsmanship in sports.

Because of his ego and the spectacle with his TV special about who he was going to sign with and how he burned his hometown. If he had simply gone about this quietly and explained in a normal press conference about his wish to win a championship and to move to a new team with free agency like a normal person would, he would not be nearly as hated.

The only bad thing is the fact the cleveland has a hopeless team for the time being. It was Lebron's every right to milk it for what it was worth. It is a business, and sportsmanship is less about publicity and more about how you act on the court in respect to other players and the fans. If Cleveland wanted to keep him they should have offered more money or provided a better team to back him up. In all seriousness Cleveland is a hell hole and I would want to leave it no matter what aswell. Some people may like it there but you have to understand he wanted to take it all the way and the team Cleveland had couldn't offer that. When you are a professional player you make decisions for yourself, and not the fans. The owner should just focus on this being a rebuilding phase and not be such a douche about it. Another whiney rich guy that takes his sorrows to the press is not what we need to see when people are homeless and starving on the streets in his very city. He should bring more industry to Cleveland if he actually gives a damn. ;)

who did a sign and trade? Noone that envolved Miami/Cle did...

Nope, you are wrong. It was a sign and trade, due to the complications of how the cap and cba works in the NBA.

To those saying a fathead isn't worth $17.41 because it's a crappy plastic poster, you are also wrong. They are a high quality print on a high quality material that is cut really well. They look very real and if you were 8 years old or building a sports bar in your house, you could do a lot worse for $17.41.

screw you LeBron! I'm from Ohio so I think he sucks for what he did.

If you look at your statement and the next post, it is exactly what Z06 is talking about. The media tells you exactly what to think and when the mighty LeBron (who you wanted to be big, bold, and boisterous) leaves your town in a mighty LeBron way (big, bold, and boisterious) you just listen to whoever on how you should feel about it and act accordingly.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3B_xBWsDpz0&feature=popular

people should stfu and look at REAL news^ This Lebron BS is so over rated. Theres other matters that need to be addressed.

LOL

He is right in the video that the Lebron obsession is BS but the other stuff he says is almost always batshit crazy. He is like the anarchist version of the already insane Rush Limbaugh or Glenn Beck(dude cries on air to gain support). :rolleyes:

As a moderate I am bothered by the propaganda and conspiracy theories that lack tangible evidence and valid sources for fact checking. I am a rational human being. ;)

You obviously didn't follow his courting and his signing at all. He stayed in Cleveland and made the suitors come to him. No wining and dining, no lavish display to woo him, simply a sit down with his suitors and Lebron and his people. All proceeds from the tv special were donated to the Boys & Girls Club. So how exactly did the guy display his ego in any of this? The media turned it into an absolute circus, but Lebron was out of the spotlight up until the special announcing his signing.

He made the ultimate sportsmanship move by placing the pursuit of championships above the money. His former boss is being an asshat and should just shut the fuck up all ready because no one is ever going to want to play for such a whiny little pussy. What about the guys you traded away in your pursuit to surround James with a mediocre supporting cast over the last couple of years, they didn't go hang him out to dry. NBA Free Agency is a job search and a person is going to put himself in the best situation for him based on his values. There is no loyalty in the business world.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3B_xBWsDpz0&feature=popular

people should stfu and look at REAL news^ This Lebron BS is so over rated. Theres other matters that need to be addressed.

Did you just seriously post an infowars.com video?

Let me get my tin foil hat. :rolleyes:

Its not that Lebron left, its how he did it. He had an hour long spectacle on ESPN that basically humiliated his fans, the Cavs owners and staff, and his former teammates in the most self serving fashion. The only way that he could have done this any worse is if it aired from the Q with an overcapacity crowd in the stands. A 15 minute press conference would have sufficed, instead he rubbed it in. Sportsman like? BULL.

17.41 is too much for something that'd end up in the trash. I do think its funny though. :D

WHO FUCKING CARES.

The drama behind this is so stupid and boring. Just because someone leaves in free agency doesn't mean they are a traitor. The guy worked his ass off to earn the Cav's a championship. It didn't happen because he didn't have enough help. Now people burn his jerseys. Those great years where you were worshiping him on your knee's means nothing to you now? Wow what real fans. They realize that the only thing good about the team was him and now they are completely lost without him. Let him go win a championship with an organization that actually knows how to build a team.

the man here speak the truth
woot

WHO FUCKING CARES.

As someone that watched every single Cavaliers game last season. The team wasn't the problem. They should have beaten Boston. I don't know what the story was, but LeBron was nothing more than a warm body on the court the last few games of the series. He did absolutely nothing. When he would miss a shot, he would glare at the coaching staff as he walked down the floor, getting back late on defense. The organization is not lost without him. I will be surprised if they don't make the playoffs this coming season even without him. His 27 points a night can easily be made up by the other players that will get playing time because he's not there playing 40 minutes a night. Leon Powe, Antawn Jamison, Mo Williams, JJ Hickson, Jawad Williams, Delonte West, and Anthony Parker all played well last season. Now add in players like Sebastian Telfare who was on fire in the last few games of the regular season, and Daniel Gibson, who was amazing in the Cavs Finals run a few years back. We have enough talent on the roster, but we need the big piece to fill LeBron's spot. It's just fact that teams in the NBA these days need that superstar figure plus that supporting cast.

And being from LeBron's hometown of Akron, Ohio (I live less than a mile from St. Vincent St. Mary highschool where most of my family went) I certainly don't worship him. I admire his playing skills and I'm actually excited to see how things go next season. It will be an exciting team to watch in South Beach. The people you see burning the jersey and all that crap are the ones the media loves because it gets people watching their shows. It's not civil unrest here or anything, trust me. People are disappointed but that's the extent of it.

It's business. If James was in an accident and unable to play basketball at NBA levels, they would have cut him. The way he announced it was over the top, but he doesn't owe the team anything. The days of player loyalty to a team (and vice versa) are long gone.

He can't even say he did it for the money.

Did you just seriously post an infowars.com video?

Let me get my tin foil hat. :rolleyes:

I know people that believe virtually everything that guy said. It's not that I disagree that Lebron is over done and a side show, but every day I see certain friends talking like this guy. I use to try reasoning with them, but it's pointless.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back