Leather computer chairs

bencho

2[H]4U
Hey guys, not sure where else to discuss this:

I'm looking for a big, comfy, leather chair.
I went to a couple of the brick&mortars and the best once I liked was the TUL 800.

However, there was no discount on this chair. Does anyone else have recommendations on similar? I know the TUL is bonded leather but it still sits comfy. Not looking for a firm chair, but a "mushy" one. Only other comparison I can provide is like the IKEA Vreta sofa; you just melt right in.

If there's any OfficeMax coupons/deals let me know!

Tanks!

Last edited:
I guess $200-300 out the door. The TUL just doesn't seem worth $300
I'm open to other, higher priced options since I do sit on it all the time.

I got this for the wife about 2 months ago and it was on sale for $90. It was the easiest chair I ever put together (less than 1 minute literally) and is one of the comfiest. If it doesn't last more than, say 2-3 years, well, it was only $90 :) But it seems well built, she's about 140 and it shows no signs of wear yet after daily use of a couple hours a day.

I got this for the wife about 2 months ago and it was on sale for $90. It was the easiest chair I ever put together (less than 1 minute literally) and is one of the comfiest. If it doesn't last more than, say 2-3 years, well, it was only $90 :) But it seems well built, she's about 140 and it shows no signs of wear yet after daily use of a couple hours a day.

No link, picture or model....

Dude.....I have been dealing with leather chairs for my office for years now. Seems like leather is a word now that is automatically attached to the other word "bonded"

basically it means scraps of used cut leather mixed in with polymers to achieve a "Type" of leather for making chairs.....Issue is that is sucks, and I have had chairs that rip after a few months.....

The fix for this for me, is buying from Costco...They have an awesome return policy and a $200 leather chair I bought from them back in 2011 started to rip. I took it back and they gave me a refund.

Now to your question. I looked in my local Costco and they have an Executive chair by a company call "True innovations" that has a leather chair for $199.00 The awesome thing is that the description on the box states that the chair is 100% leather on all seating surfaces...No bonded leather....

I bought 2.... For $200, they look great and feel even better sitting on them....And the chairs actually have the leather "Smell", like real leather should....The bottom line is, get these chairs and feel good that you have 'real" leather and Costco's great return policy...

They don't have the chair listed on their website, but the model # is 41744

Edit-I found a pic on overclock forum from a guy with the chair I have- http://www.overclock.net/t/662205/post-a-pic-of-your-setup/3210

Edit 2- And don't buy from Office Max or Office Depot, Staples, ETC. especially on black Friday deals...the chairs are shit and will rip and look like crap. Remember. You get what you pay for....Office chairs can actually be really expensive....$200 is pretty cheap, and this chair from Costco fits the bill for me...

Last edited:
Thanks! I'll look into it.

If anyone has input on genuine leather chairs that would be cool~

Dam that's pretty nice looking for $200. i think I will pick one up too. Thanks for the info and pics Island!

I had one of those chairs (or very similar) and the surface wore through very quickly. Specifically it wore where the arms brushed against the desk, wore on the seat, and wore on the back where it brushed against the desk when I turned round.

It's worth paying for a good chair.

I had one of those chairs (or very similar) and the surface wore through very quickly. Specifically it wore where the arms brushed against the desk, wore on the seat, and wore on the back where it brushed against the desk when I turned round.

It's worth paying for a good chair.

Are you sure it was this model? Yes, I had the previous model by True innovations (The chair I bought back in 2011) and it was listed as bonded leather, and yes it did crack and rip on the leather seating surface. This chair is listed as 100% genuine leather on all seating surfaces, and I don't foresee a problem.

The arm rests and back could be bonded, but the chair smells like real leather on all surfaces to me. Time will tell though, hence why I will only buy from Costco from now on....just SAVE YOUR RECEIPTS!

If you're serious about your chair and you sit all day, Herman miller is the only way to go.

Wow, I thought I paid a lot for my Lane leather office chair from Staples a few years ago. (~250$) But some of you folks are spending some serious dollars on your seating...

Kid

BTW: within a year the gelfoam cushioning on my chair had migrated to the back of the seat area and I had to open up the seat from the back and redistribute it. Not so great quality after all...

Back