Learning software for kids

Tedium

Gawd
Does anyone know of any good learning software for ages 5-6? I'm fixing a computer for my girlfriend's daughter and I'm trying to get some programs on it that will help her read, maybe some simple math, and things of that nature. Any help would be appreciated.

Well when I was back in grade school there where some games called Math blaster and Reading blaster. They where actually pretty fun to play from what I can remember.
You could look around and see if they are still available. If not then you can just look around the computer software section of most stores and browse through all the educational software.
Hope this helps.

Originally posted by YoUnAn
Well when I was back in grade school there where some games called Math blaster and Reading blaster. They where actually pretty fun to play from what I can remember./B]

I second the suggestion for the Blaster series software. My daughter has had great fun playing (and learning!) with that software.

Math blaster and Reading BLaster I recommend too. There are new ones out, but I was playing the * Blaster series from 7 till I was like 10. :)

What? It was FUN!

Not "learning" maybe, but kids seems to like Tux Paint.

"Tux Paint is a free drawing program designed for young children (kids ages 3 and up). It has a simple, easy-to-use interface, fun sound effects, and an encouraging cartoon mascot who helps guide children as they use the program. (See the full list of features.) It provides a blank canvas and a variety of drawing tools to help your child be creative."

Back