In preparation for an incoming OBUTTO R3Volution cockput, I'm working through mod'ing some 28" monitors by debezling them. By doing this I've cut the bezel down over 50" and I'm just over a 1/4 inch now. Used electrical tape over the silver bezels and it looks slick, much better and smaller than I expected. Anyone who's done this before I'd appreciate some guidance from this point with the following.
1) The floating box is not drilled for Vesa mount and is screwed to the main monitor, not just taped. It has ventilation holes all over it. I did manager to take it apart enough to seperate it from the main monitor and lift it off enough to get and see under it. There is about a 3/4 inch space between the top of the floating box and any board inside. So what do I do, should I large headed screws through the back of the floating box and through the vesa mount, capping the screw with a nut on the vesa mount side? This would leave the screwhead inside the float box, I don't see that causing any issue. Is it OK to have the vesa mount connected directly to the float box like that? OR should I get some type of pastic/wooden box and epoxy it to the float box then drill the Vesa holes to in to the attached piece?
2) Circuit boards are exposed, since I won't able to put the back plastic cover back on, is it recommended to the leave the back open and exposed since there are circuit boards open to the air? Though about maybe taping mylar bags over them but I'm not sure on this one and am looking for recommedations.
3) Anything I have not thought of in doing this?
Thanks guys
1) The floating box is not drilled for Vesa mount and is screwed to the main monitor, not just taped. It has ventilation holes all over it. I did manager to take it apart enough to seperate it from the main monitor and lift it off enough to get and see under it. There is about a 3/4 inch space between the top of the floating box and any board inside. So what do I do, should I large headed screws through the back of the floating box and through the vesa mount, capping the screw with a nut on the vesa mount side? This would leave the screwhead inside the float box, I don't see that causing any issue. Is it OK to have the vesa mount connected directly to the float box like that? OR should I get some type of pastic/wooden box and epoxy it to the float box then drill the Vesa holes to in to the attached piece?
2) Circuit boards are exposed, since I won't able to put the back plastic cover back on, is it recommended to the leave the back open and exposed since there are circuit boards open to the air? Though about maybe taping mylar bags over them but I'm not sure on this one and am looking for recommedations.
3) Anything I have not thought of in doing this?
Thanks guys
Last edited: