• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

Leaking Hydor L20?

ezrem

Limp Gawd
Joined
Mar 14, 2000
Messages
225
Hey watercooling guys,

I have an Asetek Waterchill that I installed about 6 months ago into one of my PC's.

The other day I decided to clean dust out of my machine because my temps were a few degrees higher than normal.

Imagine my surprise when I found the reservoir only barely containing any amount of water at all, with a small puddle of water and lots of evaporated remains surrounding the pump.

Thankfully, this did not do any hardware damage.

In any case, I took the Waterchill out of the machine to do some testing to find the leak, and ended up pinpointing it to be at the pump inlet. When I would run the pump it looked like water was even leaking out around the TOP (!) of the inlet. Note that I do not mean the out connector on the top of the pump, merely the upper part of the in connector on the side.

Anyway, is this something that I can fix with a little bit (or a lot) of RTV silicone around the inlet, or should I just get a new pump?
 
Back
Top