Leaked Kaveri refresh lineup - "Godavari" APU

Even the old ones make good HTPC options! I will say that a 45 Watt A8-8650 would be fantastic, cooling-wise -- the fan noise gets to be a bit much currently.

So no HSA support on the desktop until next year then... damnit amd.

Careful with this link.. turn off java script. It tried to download something automatically but my browser asked me to save or cancel.

Probably not wccftech, but their ad provider they used.

Last edited:
Kaveri is FSA 0.85 (Fusion Systems Architecture), Carrizo will be HSA 1.0 spec. These Kaveri refreshes aren't new silicon like Richland were, they're the same ol' chips that initial Kaveri were, just with altered clocks.

Wow...the advertising misdirection is strong in this one.They up the turbo-boost 100Mhz and the graphics engine by 136MHz to get that "IPC" improvement? Save your money and buy a 7850K when these are released as those should drop even more in price, then just OC to the new 8 series specs....and done.

Well how on earth can you expect more from AMD, they are banking on next cpu design to "compete" again and just churning some improvements which are very minor into FM2+.

No one would spend money or wait for a part which is known to do so little in performance.

Kaveri is FSA 0.85 (Fusion Systems Architecture), Carrizo will be HSA 1.0 spec. These Kaveri refreshes aren't new silicon like Richland were, they're the same ol' chips that initial Kaveri were, just with altered clocks.

this is a real shame for HSA adoption; so much was promised with the arrival of kaveri in mid14, but unlikely to see a compliant desktop product until mid16!

What a joke by AMD. They are taking way too long to come out with a real next gen APU. The 7850k was great but it doesn't offer a strong strong cpu compared to an FX 8xxx or 9xxx considering the costs.

What a joke by AMD. They are taking way too long to come out with a real next gen APU. The 7850k was great but it doesn't offer a strong strong cpu compared to an FX 8xxx or 9xxx considering the costs.

So you missed the announcement of Carrizo http://hexus.net/tech/news/cpu/79754-amds-carrizo-deliver-large-performance-per-watt-leap/ ?

The strength of the cpu does not matter but the amount of cores does. on FM2+ there are no 8 cpu cores.

The topic clearly states Kaveri refresh so which part didn't you understand ?

Do you really think from the initial concept and design phases going to-market is a quick process? They only started Zen and K12 back in roughly circa 2012, you can't expect them to just crap the designs out and have them in products in just a few years. That's unheard of and generally impossible if you don't want an instant flop of a product.

Carrizo is of no real relevance to the kind of person interested in 7850k tier processors.

If I'm not mistaken nothing is scheduled for this year? And Carrizo seems to be the last (x86) what we'll see as an improvement.

Back