Leaked DOTA2 screenshots

You call that hacking?

There IS a drawback to making a new account, obviously that you have to start from scratch and have nothing you earned on it or bought on your other account.

sadasdas.png

e-sports is literally the dorkiest fucking term ever

and i've done a lot of competitive playing, not that it dilutes the fact that i was playing video games.

I am fairly new to this type of game, I remember playing Dota a few years ago for a week or so, just loaded up LoL a couple of days ago. How is Dota2 any different than LoL? Seems like exactly the same to me in terms of actual gameplay. Is me asking this sort of like asking what's the difference between FPS shooters?

If I am correct then the Twitter chest beating by TheMaelk seems especially ridiculous.

Uhh, what? I see Blizzard in this art style. Valve doesn't really haven an artstyle. L4D looks totally different from TF2 which looks totally different from HL.

To be fair, L4D was being developed by a different studio that got purchased by Valve.

The only type of hack I may have possibly seen in LoL, not even sure if it was or dude was just good, would have been a skillshot aimbot. I didn't lane against him, but the guy was playing ezreal and landed pretty much every single shot.

That said, I don't expect many hacks to pop up. Art style looks good to me.

spoilers : nearly every game is a copy of something. who cares? all that matters is if it's a good game.

Is spiral knights any good? I downloaded it because it looked fun but haven't played it yet.

Uhh, it's ok. It's just WASD+M1, basically, and if you take it seriously and want to earn all the nice gear it's a lot of grinding dungeons and so on. But just as some casual fun for an hour or so at a time it's good enough.

Uhh, what? I see Blizzard in this art style. Valve doesn't really haven an artstyle. L4D looks totally different from TF2 which looks totally different from HL.

You could argue that Valve's art style is the H-L/H-L2 style, since that's the only game they've really developed. Everything else has been financially-backed by Valve with some consultation but done by other studios, really.

As far as graphics go. It looks nothing like Valve and everything like Blizzard game style. Which is fine, since as thats the origin from which this game series comes from. DoTA was based on WC3 aka Blizz. So unless Valve wanted to completely redo the wheel it would only be logical that they stay the course with some touch up here and there.

And yea Valve doesnt even have an art style to begin with... They have a LCD model that they and Blizzard follow but thats about it.

These games are not about the graphics at all.. And anyone who plays LoL or Dota1 or HoN knows this.

Gameplay > all.

if its f2p people will just create another account when they get banned without punishment

Which will only matter at the lowest levels. People generally do not hack with mid to high level characters. Getting a high level toon banned is definitely a deterrent. An IP ban is also a deterrent. While proxies exist, they can introduce serious lag. And IP hiders/changers can also be problematic.

We do not know how it is going to be administrated so I think it is a bit early to claim it is going to be hacked or sploited any more than WOW or other like games are.

and for the record, I think the art style looks sort of Diablo 3-ish. Compare some of the outdoor shots and you'll see what I mean. I like it in both games.

You could argue that Valve's art style is the H-L/H-L2 style, since that's the only game they've really developed. Everything else has been financially-backed by Valve with some consultation but done by other studios, really.

That's not true at all.

What the fuck does it matter what art style it uses?

I can't think of a dumber topic to talk about considering the genre of this game.

Blizzard and Valve are twins separated at birth

Yeah, I remember back in the early days of Dota on WC3:ROC. I was hooked. I mainly played ladder on WC3 though.

I have never played LOL but I am a HoN player. The biggest problem with HoN is that everybody is a dick. Which means I fit in well, because I'm kind of a dick too. Still, I would like a break from it now and then. The people are just too annoying.

To be fair, L4D was being developed by a different studio that got purchased by Valve.

Portal then. Oh wait, they bought that game from some other developers too. I'm pretty sure almost every game to ever wear the Valve tag came from them buying up some real game design talent (other than HL and HL2). It's just sort of their thing. I still consider it to be their game though.

The visuals are disappointing, if that is what the game really looks like, it should of been released 3 months after it was announced.

Graphics are unimportant. Lets see how the gameplay is. I'm expecting it to be good, wonder if It'll take me away from LoL. Either way I'll probably be playing nothing but Diablo 3 for a few years :p

They are not that important but they shouldn't be LoL quality .. they should at least be HoN. I've enjoyed LoL for a while now but even I can admit the game has shitty graphics. Valve I'm sure is aware of the complaints.

I don't mind the cartoonish style of graphics (played WoW for 5 years and never had an issue with the graphics).

what's wrong witht he graphics

they look fine to me.

Almost kind of like HoN meets Torchlight.

They are not that important but they shouldn't be LoL quality .. they should at least be HoN. I've enjoyed LoL for a while now but even I can admit the game has shitty graphics. Valve I'm sure is aware of the complaints.

I don't mind the cartoonish style of graphics (played WoW for 5 years and never had an issue with the graphics).

Valve does not care about gfx. Otherwise they would update to DX11 and all that stuff. Games are for gameplay.. not gfx. Hense why Valve games are played all the time to this date.. Starcraft 1 was played sooooo long before 2.. GFX are not important.

Valve does not care about gfx. Otherwise they would update to DX11 and all that stuff. Games are for gameplay.. not gfx. Hense why Valve games are played all the time to this date.. Starcraft 1 was played sooooo long before 2.. GFX are not important.

And if you read my post I said "They are not that important" but it still helps to keep it updated with other DOTA type games. Also games are for many things and graphics are important , saying otherwise is incorrect. The only reason Valve hasn't bothered updating the Source engine is that its making tons of money without having to pour the effort and time into developing a new engine. Does that mean they shouldn't bother considering graphics at all with Dota2? No they should try to achieve at least an acceptable level , but they shouldn't aim to make it the worst looking game of its type either.

I'm not saying these screenshots look bad just kind of bland , until I see an in game video I'll reserve judgement.

*Fights off the DOTA lovers with a stick* Down boy!

Dota is not a game that will be played with Crysis-like graphics, that's NOT the demographic that Dota serves, it's barely more taxing than your average flash game, and that's on purpose lol.

Dota is not a game that will be played with Crysis-like graphics, that's NOT the demographic that Dota serves, it's barely more taxing than your average flash game, and that's on purpose lol.

Yea I get that but it doesn't mean they have one guy working on the art assets and say "fuck it just paint some shit and we'll render it tomorrow during lunch". It doesn't hurt to beef it up a little and that's all I'm saying.

Yea I get that but it doesn't mean they have one guy working on the art assets and say "fuck it just paint some shit and we'll render it tomorrow during lunch". It doesn't hurt to beef it up a little and that's all I'm saying.

Actually, let me calibrate what I'm trying to say.

Games like Dota, LoL, and HoN, are triumphs over the graphics whores, and it proves that you don't need Crysis-like graphics to actually have fucking fun playing a game.

I can't say it any better than that.

Nobody ever tanks in LoL end up playing Amumu everytime.

I seriously think as I'm getting more and more into "real life" I'm getting terrible at video games. I just don't play them enough anymore maybe 3 hours a night, 3 nights a week? MAYBE that much.

Actually, let me calibrate what I'm trying to say.

Games like Dota, LoL, and HoN, are triumphs over the graphics whores, and it proves that you don't need Crysis-like graphics to actually have fucking fun playing a game.

I can't say it any better than that.

No one has said anything about Crysis level visuals. Valve rolling in dough, and releasing a game with visuals from 5 years ago is just plain sad though. If they were going to offer the game for less then $20, then these graphics would be acceptable, but it is probably going to be $50-60.

No one has said anything about Crysis level visuals. Valve rolling in dough, and releasing a game with visuals from 5 years ago is just plain sad though. If they were going to offer the game for less then $20, then these graphics would be acceptable, but it is probably going to be $50-60.

Not sure how its sad but I also think you must not play a lot of mobas. It might happen but I think in most peoples minds, it would be a business failure to sell this game in the $50-60 range. I honestly do not see that happening. IMO it will be F2P or $20-30...there will be microtransactions regardless.

Also in regards to the graphics. IMO, the reason the graphics need to remain simple and clean like this has nothing to do with hardware. Anyone who's played dota knows that when a team fight happens, there is a LOT OF SHIT going on. AoE spells galore, and lots of havoc in general. It would be extremely difficult (if it's possible at all) to make the graphics much better, without making it impossible to tell what the hell is going on.

Frankly I'm surprised nobody has pointed this out already.

It looks a lot cleaner and less cluttered than HoN. I'm going to be so happy if they can find a way to keep things comprehensible as 1000 ults are going off at once. As it stands, it already looks like it will be much easier to keep track of things than HoN or LoL, simply based on how clean and painterly the look is.

It needs to run on lots of hardware, not just the latest and greatest. Valve and Blizzard could just as easily make a game that brings even the newest rigs to their knees, but that is kind of pointless when you are trying to hit a mass market.

Their games still look great, thanks to talented artists and logical art direction in support of gameplay (ie - none of the crazy clutter that gets in the way of seeing the player models like you get with HoN)

Also, why would they sell DOTA2 for $50-$60 when LoL is free to play with microtransactions? TF2 has also gone the F2P model, and I'd be surprised if they didn't continue that with DOTA2

Back