Leaked Destiny 2 Poster Reveals September Release Date

Megalith

24-bit/48kHz
Staff member
Based on much of the commentary I have seen so far, the real news for me is how many people hate Destiny. Those of you who have played it can tell me why it sucks so badly, but that isn’t going to stop me from checking out the sequel, which is supposedly coming out on PC. At least the soundtrack will be good, right? (Wait, I forgot that they fired Marty.)

A leaked Destiny 2 poster has revealed an 8th September 2017 release date for the game. Images of the poster emerged on Italian website Lega Network today apparently sourced from GameStop Italy. There's another image of the poster on Imgur. Sources have indicated to Eurogamer the poster is indeed legitimate. The poster also indicates that PS4 will get beta access before other platforms. We've heard this beta is set for June.

It sucked for a few reasons. Personally my biggest ones were

1. No Support for people who don't buy the expansions. As soon as a new expansion is out your forgotten about completly.
2. Not finishing stories. Every planet pretty much has its own story or history of what's going on, and some of them even started to get interesting to me (Warmind Raspmutain in particular) but then they just stop and you go to another planet that starts a new sequence over again just to have the same thing happen again. And again. And again.
3. Their leveling system with weapons were an interesting idea, but it should have been obvious to anyone play testing it was a bad idea. You get this awesome gun, spend 5 hours Lvling it up which also levels your character (after a certain point the only way to lvl your character was to lvl your weapons) then a new, shiny, better gun drops. So you start over. And it happens again. So you start over again. Then the next expansion drops and your once awesome weapon is pathetic because the new expansion vendor sells much much better stuff than you could have gotten before. Rinse. Repeat.

It's as if they were not sure what they really wanted to do on the end game so they tried to link loot to lvl to make the grind go longer.

I played it for quite a long time. I liked a lot of aspects of the game but the things that really turned me off were:
1) Focusing so much on raids.
2) All your hard earned content is useless after the season.
3) The severe lack of a coherent story / story depth
4) Overpriced expansions that are discounted later with partial "Gold" discs. (I paid $100 for the "Season Pass", then had to pay another $40 for the taken king. When I could have waited and got everything for $40).

I will be interested in playing the new game, and just like anything after Taken King for this game, I'll wait for an ultimate, all-inclusive disc release for cheap. No way I'm dumping that kind of money into it again to be left disappointed.

It's boring
It's like the worst qualities of wow, but in a much more compressed timeframe.
You're done with the storyline in a matter of hours. There's 3 classes and a 3 races (which has no effect on anything except looks).
You only have raids and multiplayer at the end. They expect you to raid the same content for a year at a time.
They make big deals out of hidden weapons and whatnot, then when it came out it turned out to be something that was time locked.
They put in a rocket launcher that could let you damage bosses so hard you could avoid mechanics.
Worst part: They haven't figured out how to do player matching for raids. You need to use an external website to match with people who are running raids.

It was fun, and I'll get it for PC if that's the case, but the grind was just too much. Leveling up the weapons was interesting but once you hit late game it took way too long then suddenly you are below vendor gear level and have to grind the exact same crap time and time again to level up the new gun, then they patch it and a new gun yet again is the new meta. Rinse wash repeat.

its sad, it was fun for what it was, and the amount of lore they have is AMAZING, too bad damn near all of it is locked behind achievements and included in a website outside of the game. There's some fixing that needs done no doubt, and as soon as they get at least half of those issues fixed I'll get it in a heartbeat. It was pretty damn fun, just not what it was supposed to be. I'd almost be ok with paying monthly for it if it had content on the level of WoW

I wouldn't expect much out of the sequel, they have made it clear that their intention is to deliver the bare minimum for maximum profit by extending the game through RNG and grinding and its been hugely successful for them. Weapon, vehicles and enemy variety is worse than any halo game.

It sucked for a few reasons. Personally my biggest ones were

1. No Support for people who don't buy the expansions. As soon as a new expansion is out your forgotten about completly.
2. Not finishing stories. Every planet pretty much has its own story or history of what's going on, and some of them even started to get interesting to me (Warmind Raspmutain in particular) but then they just stop and you go to another planet that starts a new sequence over again just to have the same thing happen again. And again. And again.
3. Their leveling system with weapons were an interesting idea, but it should have been obvious to anyone play testing it was a bad idea. You get this awesome gun, spend 5 hours Lvling it up which also levels your character (after a certain point the only way to lvl your character was to lvl your weapons) then a new, shiny, better gun drops. So you start over. And it happens again. So you start over again. Then the next expansion drops and your once awesome weapon is pathetic because the new expansion vendor sells much much better stuff than you could have gotten before. Rinse. Repeat.

It's as if they were not sure what they really wanted to do on the end game so they tried to link loot to lvl to make the grind go longer.

1) In their defense lots of games ignore you after the expansion comes out and people love them, WoW comes to mind for sure.
2) Ya they really dropped the ball on the story telling in this game, thats their biggest downfall I think
3) They fixed this in the newer expansions, you can now dismantle a higher level gun to level up your favorite gun to the same weapon level allowing you to keep the one you leveled up/are attached to. It ended up being a good solution to this problem

I really enjoyed the game for the time I did play it, it got significatnly better with the last 2 expansions and they did an amazing job with the feel of the game (mechanics and gunplay). Im excited to see what destiny 2 will deliver

I loved the shooting mechanics of Destiny, run, jump, gun. So tired of cover based shooters, the only one that ever did it right was brothers in arms.

That being said, it did not have enough content such as:

lacking modern features (like match making)
lacking enemy diversity (leading to just make the model bigger and give it more HP)
lacking AI (so difficulty was again, just a factor of bullet sponge)
lacking maps
lacking solid design (remember the very first mission, where there are traps, and the game had atmosphere, that pretty much died right after)

1) In their defense lots of games ignore you after the expansion comes out and people love them, WoW comes to mind for sure.
2) Ya they really dropped the ball on the story telling in this game, thats their biggest downfall I think
3) They fixed this in the newer expansions, you can now dismantle a higher level gun to level up your favorite gun to the same weapon level allowing you to keep the one you leveled up/are attached to. It ended up being a good solution to this problem

I really enjoyed the game for the time I did play it, it got significatnly better with the last 2 expansions and they did an amazing job with the feel of the game (mechanics and gunplay). Im excited to see what destiny 2 will deliver

Glad to hear they fixed number 3, but I stand by Number 1. Other mmo's and fps's still have things to do once an expansion comes out. Ff11 and swtor come to mind (even though sw has other issues) as ones I played for years each and never felt I needed to get the expansions to still hang out and play with my friends. Destiny didn't feel that way.

Glad to hear they fixed number 3, but I stand by Number 1. Other mmo's and fps's still have things to do once an expansion comes out. Ff11 and swtor come to mind (even though sw has other issues) as ones I played for years each and never felt I needed to get the expansions to still hang out and play with my friends. Destiny didn't feel that way.
don't disagree that you should be able to do something when the expansion comes out, without the expansions all you can really do is PvP. I skipped all the expansions until the taken king came out then just bought the whole game with all the expansions so it wasnt bad for me lol

I finished vanilla Destiny and wasn't impressed. I held on to it since the hype was it would get better down the road. I purchased TKK and got back into it. Yeah, it was a bit of a grind fest and the story left a lot of loose ends but I got hooked on game play and looting. Never did a raid. The strikes with friends and strangers were fun. I'm glad I gave it another chance because now I'm a fan and very much looking forward to the sequel.

Seems like most of the gripes are about minutiae that aren't an issue until you spend 100-1000+ hours in the game, but Destiny's still worth a playthrough. There seems to be this expectation from some that it be the next dynasty game on the level of a D3 or CS:GO or WoW where it stays relevant for a decade so they can fritter their lives away blinging out a fruity videogame character and then taking it out prancing and swishing and yes, sashaying to and fro on their nerd raids.

If you go in with the expectation that it delivers a reasonably enjoyable but ultimately disposable campaign with lots of eye candy and a high gloss Borderlands gear grind, I think it'll be worth a playthrough.

Last edited:
It only takes 10/11 hours to finish destiny. Borderlands 2 is a masterpiece in comparison.

It coming out for PC has me hopeful. I despised vanilla Destiny (the game that finally made me swear off preorders), enjoyed TKK but only for a week or two. Big reason for not getting into it further was the PS4 controller and console FOV. If the PC has decent graphical options, I'll for sure give it a whirl.

I still think Destiny would be better off sold as a f2p title ala Planetside2.

Destiny is the Limp Bizkit of Shooters. They spent 10 years re-working Halo 2 Multiplayer into Halo 2 Multiplayer...+ Co Op Hoarde Mode. It has no redeeming qualities> Feels like a game made by committee where the committee was trying to figure out how little content they could actually market and sell based off Halo pedigree before the public turned on them. Now we know.

I think I'll get it for PC (if the rumor is true) since I enjoyed how the weapons & world felt with Destiny. I just didn't care for the lack of story (which is something The Division has as well).

It only takes 10/11 hours to finish destiny. Borderlands 2 is a masterpiece in comparison.

Borderlands made me literally fall asleep. Like it was such terrible combat. I like the destiny aesthetic.

As far as launch dates go? This could easily change. I have an inside source who refuses to tell me exact things. BUT THEY SAY- DON'T COUNT ON IT!!

4) Overpriced expansions that are discounted later with partial "Gold" discs. (I paid $100 for the "Season Pass", then had to pay another $40 for the taken king. When I could have waited and got everything for $40).

I will be interested in playing the new game, and just like anything after Taken King for this game, I'll wait for an ultimate, all-inclusive disc release for cheap. No way I'm dumping that kind of money into it again to be left disappointed.

Ya, that shit there pissed me off that I didn't even bother. I think I spent $75-80 on release for the game and like two DLC. Was going to get Taken King, only to find it's the Two DLC I already own and Taken King. I don't want to pay for shit I already own. I just gave up on the game at that point. I don't know why it couldn't be like other games. Here's the individual DLC and also, here's a lower cost bundle of them all. Nah, here's a bundle. Fuck off for anything else.

man i can see $10-15 for expansion DLC but not for $40
i just jumped on destiny in january and got the destiny: the collection for dirt cheap
yes it was cheap but i gotta a lot of grinding to do in order to catch up

idk about destiny 2. i think everyone is over the hype

Yes! All of these complaints are totally valid. I still played it for untold bazillions of hours and am eagerly awaiting the sequel. The new poster looks very cool. I assume it's all marketing hype but nevertheless a part of me hopes the game in some way looks like this. Blocking out September on my schedule so wife and family you are on your own!

Back