• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

leaked 9.6 beta

I had heard they are due tomorrow.

When ever they come out, I wonder if AMD will take a week to update the site so we can download from there.
 
eh...

anyone who have 4890 CF? I keep seeing people getting good result in Crysis while my Crysis/Warhead performances are exact the same as my old 4870CF...

I been trying 3 drivers now, 9.4 seem to be the smoothest one...
 
What type of frame rate are you getting?

I get around 30fps on the crysis demo (don't have the full game) with everything max @ 1920x1200.
 
What type of frame rate are you getting?

I get around 30fps on the crysis demo (don't have the full game) with everything max @ 1920x1200.

through the benchmark tool, I have 40fps with 4870CF, and with 4890CF, I have exact same 40fps...

and something even more funny is when I turn on AAx4, I have same fps......

it seem there is a scaling problem ....
 
through the benchmark tool, I have 40fps with 4870CF, and with 4890CF, I have exact same 40fps...

and something even more funny is when I turn on AAx4, I have same fps......

it seem there is a scaling problem ....


its the game.. not the cards.. the game has absolutely horrid scaling.. but thats what you get with a non optimized engine..
 
I installed on a Windows 7 64bit system. 1st install had problems locating an inf file but my second attempt went smoothly.

I'm only playing TF2 and Fallout 3 but both seemed a little smoother. I had fewer freezes on TF2. Fallout 3 didn't randomly drop to 30fps from 60fps (which was normal with the 9.5 drivers) but it still froze up after a couple of hours. Better than before but still not perfect.
 
through the benchmark tool, I have 40fps with 4870CF, and with 4890CF, I have exact same 40fps...

and something even more funny is when I turn on AAx4, I have same fps......

it seem there is a scaling problem ....


Ok I had 8xAA on and was using FRAPS.
 
its the game.. not the cards.. the game has absolutely horrid scaling.. but thats what you get with a non optimized engine..

this have nothing to do with the engine, CE2 actually scale very well with Crossfire, and it is pretty optimized.

How exactly I have same fps with 4870CF if its engine problem :rolleyes:

and how exactly I have same fps when I turn on 4xAA, its clearly the driver problem there..:p
 
this have nothing to do with the engine, CE2 actually scale very well with Crossfire, and it is pretty optimized.

How exactly I have same fps with 4870CF if its engine problem :rolleyes:

and how exactly I have same fps when I turn on 4xAA, its clearly the driver problem there..:p

play it, not benchmark it with those settings, and you will see a difference.
 
Anyone know if the x2 cards have the power play bug with these beta drivers? Don't want to jump if they do seeing as 9.5 just fix the problem.....again.
 
Just installed the official 9.6 CCC, everything installs fine, powerplay bug is still under control however GPU scaling is still disabled while in my native res (1920x1080).

Workaround info is detailed here:

4870x2 Image Scaling Disabled
 
Last edited:
Back
Top