League of Legends Surpasses 30 Million Registered Players

As it stands, this is how World of Warcraft is working right now.

Mages - extremely powerful in multiplayer, and raids.
Warlocks - meh
Hunters - more meh
Rogues - Powerful in multiplayer, but weak in raids.
Shaman - You play this if you're a sadist
Druids - Powerful in every spec.
DeathKnights - More meh
Warriors - also meh
Paladin - You'd also have to be a sadist, who likes to heal.
Priests - They're powerful as healers and raid dps.

As you can see it sucks to be a WoW player right now. Likely enough, you won't see any changes until 1 year from now, when Pandoria or whatever is about to be released.

you might want to take a look at how things are globally. especially in pvp tournaments. because real world results there dont conincide with what you said at all.

in the global wow 3 v 3 arena tournament, the team won with a pally and a hunter and a death knight. pretty much throwing out the idea that dk's, hunters, and paladins are worthless. warriors are pretty good as well, they have some pretty brutal cooldowns at 85.

rogues are NOT powerful in multiplayer at 85. theyre balanced. but totally not OP. warlocks were on MOST of the global tournament teams. showing how much viability a warlock has as they were the most popular choice pretty much tying with mages.

that description sounds like it was based of the 40's bracket. level up and qq less.

LoL is based off of Dota. HoN and LoL are just poor imitations, and I played the original Dota for years before WoW came out, I quit around then.

Dota 2 is made by IceFrog who did a great job of balancing heroes.

LoL just seems to be pumping out heroes and skins lately, and the heros they have been putting out are all similiar, just with variations of the same skill and move set.

All Dota 2 heroes are truly unique, all you have to do is go down the list and look at them for yourself.

If you've never played Dota or HoN, then Dota 2 will take some getting used to, LoL has a learning curve, Dota 2 has a learning cliff, lol.

LoL is just way more casual friendly than HoN or Dota 2.

Anyway, I'm loving Dota 2, 36 hours into it since last Wednesday.

LoL is also designed by people from the original DOTA crew. The people who are doing DOTA2 are from the maintenance crew from DOTA. LoL has far more originality than HoN which is pretty much just an exact copy of DOTA. I have not tried DOTA2 yet so I can't comment on it.

As far as the heroes in LoL, I completely disagree. There are plenty of original and different heroes. All the new ones are not cookie cutter replicas, they play differently still. Just like with any game though, once you learn the strategy of the game, many of the techniques start becoming similar. This will also happen with DOTA2 just like it has for DOTA, HoN and LoL.

Back