• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Leadtek Winfast 6800 128mb Vanilla

DaLurker

[H]ard|Gawd
Joined
Sep 23, 2000
Messages
1,681
Just wondering, this card is about the same cost of the Radeon 9800 Pro 128mb, and I've heard a lotta good things about the 6800, but I know that this card is DDR and not DDR3, so how does it stack up again the Radeon 9800 Pro?

Specs are Here
 
Where do you find this thing for the same price as the 9800 pro. The 6800 go for about 275$ right now while the 9800s should go for about 195$ or so. But like was said, the 6800 rocks the socks off the 9800, I love mine.
 
Alyosha said:
Where do you find this thing for the same price as the 9800 pro. The 6800 go for about 275$ right now while the 9800s should go for about 195$ or so. But like was said, the 6800 rocks the socks off the 9800, I love mine.

Oops.. I was wrong :p the 9800 Pro 128 is $298 CDN (so that's about $210 USD) and the 6800nu is $359 CDN (so that's about $250) I was thinking the AIW Radeon 9800 Pro 128mb is the same price as the 6800 nu (actually the AIW is $389 CDN) but I have a TV Wonder, and don't really need video in or a TV-Tuner. So I guess the 6800's the way to go.

Just curious though, I haven't had a nVidia video card since my Riva TNT2. Anything I should be aware of? I know with ATI, the Omega Drivers kick some ass, what about the nVidia drivers?
 
well only thing i have to say against the 6800 is it runs HOT VERY HOT
but other then that i love mine
12k in 3dmark03 :D
 
Back
Top