• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Leadtek a400 6800 gt is here!

gpitpitan

Limp Gawd
Joined
Jun 15, 2004
Messages
248
Hey guys, just noticed at work today we got a small shipment of Leadtek Winfast A400 6800GT's. The MSRP on em is about 460 dollars, but it comes with 4 games. Splinter cell pandora tommorow, prince of persia, big mutha truckers, and gun metal....lol i know.

The thing that interested me was the odd little cooling setup it had...definately not reference design.

If anyone wants to pick one up lemme know and we can work something out. These are selling fast with D3 out, helped about 4 people pick some up so...
 
I don´t have the leadtek 6800 GT but I do have the Leadtek 6800 ULTRA. It´s awesome quiet :). And the 6800 GT do clock well :). Nothing for Lan partys though it´s to heavy for that really.
 
Highly doubt it. Many with Leadtek 6800 GT:s have not had that problem at all. They have indead got great temps. But you of course should have some airflow. With such a copper cooler all you need is good airflow and you have a very nice cooling setup :)
 
I would say that Leadtek has the best stock cooling solution I've seen so far....I hope they offer it for individual sale so I can put one on my eVGA. :(
 
Yeah they have IF you have enough airflow in your case. Otherwise the reference cooler on the ULTRA though very loud do pull more air. But have some extra fans on your Leadtek and it gets way better.
 
they have a pci fan with 2 fans that can blow on the card.......couldnt find the link but that is probably all you need
 
I just have a fan arm. And a 120 mm in front. I have a slot cooler too but unless I can change direction of the fan so it blows in air instead of out that won´t help much. It will just fight the leadtek fan I think.
 
I had alot of problems keeping my Leadtek 6800GT cool, but once that problem was solved, it easily clocks beyond Ultra speeds. :D
 
My Leadtek 6800GT is set to arrive monday. I can't wait to fool around with this thing
 
I looked at some of those reviews and it seems the x800 pro actually beats the leadteck
 
You mean the 6800 GT? Well there are sure games where the X800 PRO perform better and there are certainly many games the 6800 GT performs better than the X800 PRO :).
 
AMDXPCottonFire22 said:
I looked at some of those reviews and it seems the x800 pro actually beats the leadteck
Where are these reviews? The reviews I've seen tell a different story..
 
oqvist said:
Yeah they have IF you have enough airflow in your case. Otherwise the reference cooler on the ULTRA though very loud do pull more air. But have some extra fans on your Leadtek and it gets way better.
Sorry if this post is too old to bump (only like 30 hours), but yeah, I learned this with my Leadtek GF4 Ti 4400 - I normally have a fan on the door of my case blowing right on it. That fan went out once, and for the few days before I had a replacement the card would overheat and "flicker" in intensive applications. I chose to avoid the Leadteks this generation and have an MSI 6800 shipping tomorrow.
;)
 
That makes no sense at all since BFG 6800 U and leadtek 6800 U is clocked the same and perform the same :)
 
Back
Top